Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was workin on wing today, runs great. still have problem no power fuse #3. on page 25 ('85 etm) shows powerinto and out oftaillight relay and connector-c92 4-blk which i can't find. can you give me any ideas? i'm looking by radiator cap rite side of fork. i did find a blk rectangle thingy could be a relay but has red-4 connector on it, and wires are small and no wht. ithas E65 on it.am i lookin in right area? i checked c1-blk21 connector and the blk wire-no power that goes to fuse #3. do you have any ideas where to find the taillight relay? could it be in ritestorage pocket?

rob

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Edit corrected that you checked that last time...

·
Administrator
26,167 Posts
imported post

The tail light relay should be under the ignition coils on the right side.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thanks sam and dave, found it. it was where it was supposed to be...of course. pulled cover off and pushed relay coil and powered the fuse #3. now where to buy replacement? mother honda doesn't list "taillight relay" as is in manual.
dealer called a "main relay" #38501-GN2-003,$37. i ran that number ebay found 1 for $15 and called it "starter relay".
any ideas?

·
Administrator
26,167 Posts
imported post

That's a little high IMHO for a used relay. Just about any 4 pin relay could be wired to work in that circuit.
That 38501-GN2-003 seems to be the correct relay, Honda parts are confusing sometimes on the nomenclature. You have to know what you are looking at to find a part a lot of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

brobbed wrote:
thanks sam and dave, found it. it was where it was supposed to be...of course. pulled cover off and pushed relay coil and powered the fuse #3. now where to buy replacement? mother honda doesn't list "taillight relay" as is in manual.
dealer called a "main relay" #38501-GN2-003,$37. i ran that number ebay found 1 for $15 and called it "starter relay".
any ideas?
Rob, before replacing it are you getting 12v to black wire with key on.

At the 4 wire connector with relay removed:

-white should have 12v at all times (battery connected)

-one black wire should get 12v with key on

-other black wire nothing

-green wire continuous to ground

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

thanks, actually i can't get to connector. it's under coil. i can see rubber boot and removed to see top of relay. pulled top off to expose the relay coil and points. moved points and the power to #3 came on. i can wiggle points and on/off/on power. the connector i can't see but i figure there must be a lock. so tomorrow i'll feel for it and get off. that should make easier to replace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.