Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's me again, 1996 Goldwing SE., No turn
signal, cruise and brake lite. When I turn the signal lite on to the left -- the left front light goes out and the other stays solid. No signal lights on the rear. Also on the rear--- brake lite. When I press the rear brake pedal, the left one goes real bright and the right one goes out. Front brake level-- no lights. Cruise control lights up but not working. I have checked all fuses and blubs.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,950 Posts
More than likely a ground problem. Under the seat on the left side is a 22 pin connector (C10). The green ground wire pin is probably burned. Common problem on the 1500.

Reactions: DaveO430

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
379 Posts
More than likely a ground problem. Under the seat on the left side is a 22 pin connector (C10). The green ground wire pin is probably burned. Common problem on the 1500.
The ground connection pins in my GL1500 connector caused similar issues to yours.

Connector Location
Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive fuel system

What it looked like:
Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Electronic engineering Electronic component

Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Metal

After the repair - I routed an external wire. I didn't have a green wire so I used a Yellow/Green remnant I had laying around.
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Electronic device Electrical supply

Reactions: WingRider101+

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pull the license plate cover off and checked the relays ---I have power to relays----the front signal light stay's on until I signal left or right, which ever way that light goes off. no power to rear signal

·
Administrator
28,088 Posts
I pull the license plate cover off and checked the relays ---I have power to relays----the front signal light stay's on until I signal left or right, which ever way that light goes off. no power to rear signal
What relays are behind the license plate? The position lights in front are supposed to work like that, the one opposite the turn stays on while the other goes out, do not be concerned with that. Does the horn work?

·
Administrator
28,088 Posts
Yes, the horn works and the crui
You mentioned at first the cruise did not work. Do the 4 way flashers work, should have asked before?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts