Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi i have GL 1500 SE 1998 bike was doped on the left side. I HAVE NO SPARK ON all plugs and no Fuel.I replaced the angle sensor i have checked the control box have neutral,i notice the fuel pump not working when power was supplied separately to it ,but power was not present coming from the wiring only from the wire for the fuel gage.I bypassed the angle sensor no luck i dont know how to bypass the fuel cutoff relay.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Have you checked the thick red wire on top of the left radiator, in I think the forward connector block? That wire is the main one through the ignition and suffers from the elements and can break during a left side drop.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi and thank you for the reply i have completely stripped the bike as i have to re spray it.

About this connector i see a few there i located one red coming from the ignition everything looks fine.The damage on the bike is not to bad and all the convectors look fine.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

You say you have it completely stripped for painting......So you have the fairing off. Do you have the wiring harness that is in the fairing unplugged? Mine would not crank while this harness was not attached. I put it back on while the plastic was being painted and mine started right up.

Just a thought!!!!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the point i will check on Monday.I noticed the fuel pump is not working when i press the starter button but fuel pump works if i apply separate power.The engine cranks but no spark on the plugs angle sensor by passed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.