Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,757 Posts
that is a normal key on sequence, it a TEST sequence.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Any update to share of the cause??
I have current to the coil packs, have current from the coil packs to the computers, tried a different coil pack still no spark at the plugs, plug wires ohm out good, checked wiring do not see any damage,

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
You might have 1 coil go bad but not all 3 at once. Maybe this will help check all the inputs.

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
I think we checked the coil packs , will check again. Thanks for your help.
What I meant was it is extremely unlikely your coils are bad, maybe 1 but not all of them at the same time.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Put the bike on the side stand, in neutral, crank the engine for more than 10 seconds continuously and see if the FI light will begin to flash. If it does, count the flashes and see what number it indicates. Long flash =10, short flash=1. Come back and we can figure out what the ECM thinks is wrong.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The F1 light comes on for about 2 seconds then goes out Fuel pump runs, The mechanic will be back Thursday. Will check then Thanks
Since the FI light is coming on and the fuel pump is running at key turn on, this means the Bank Angle Sensor is good, the FI/Ignition relay is good and the ECM is performing its self test. The ECM “thinks” something is wrong and is keeping the coils off and the fuel injectors off as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Since the FI light is coming on and the fuel pump is running at key turn on, this means the Bank Angle Sensor is good, the FI/Ignition relay is good and the ECM is performing its self test. The ECM “thinks” something is wrong and is keeping the coils off and the fuel injectors off as well.
The coils have current. Plugs have fuel there are wet with fuel. Coils are grounded.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The coils have current. Plugs have fuel there are wet with fuel. Coils are grounded.
Yes, but these are digital coils that are controlled directly by pulses from the ECM for firing and timing. They’re controlled individually with their respective trigger wires from the ECM.
still no spark
Have you done the procedure outlined in post #47 above? The ECM still “thinks” something is wrong. My guess is a bad crankshaft position sensor or a bad camshaft position sensor, either one will keep it dead until the ECM ”sees” the necessary signals from both.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yes, but these are digital coils that are controlled directly by pulses from the ECM for firing and timing. They’re controlled individually with their respective trigger wires from the ECM.

Have you done the procedure outlined in post #47 above? The ECM still “thinks” something is wrong. My guess is a bad crankshaft position sensor or a bad camshaft position sensor, either one will keep it dead until the ECM ”sees” the necessary signals from both.
Found the camshaft sensor, where is the crankshaft sensor? Will check # 47 again. Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
Did the #47 crank the engine for more then 10 seconds F1 went out did not flash at all.
The crank sensor is inside the front engine cover.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts