Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone here have an idea??
- I have a 2002 GL1800 and I rode the Wing this morning and parked it. Now I have a problem that think it is the ignition switch. Anyone have a problem with an ignition switch?Battery has power. Turn the key on and nothing!

Turn to acc. and the panel lights up indicating Audio, CB, Intercom etc.

Turn the key off and back to ignition and I notice the neutral light flashes on for about 1/500th of a second and then goes out.

No start. I think I have a dealer trip in my future.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Any chance you might have accidentally pushed the reverse switch?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Any chance you might have accidentally pushed the reverse switch?
Nope!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Before you determine for sure it is the ignition switch.

The acc side of the ignition circuit is fused separately from the main ignition circuit and other functions.

Check the main fuse and also fuse number 4.

The main fuse is the very bottom fuse in the fuse box and really does not look like a standard fuse. It is the bottom long fuse across the two main panel contacts, but really if it is gone it should kill the acc postion also , but maybe not if not totally gone, hence the flickering neutral light. (maybe, but does bear a continuity check through the fuse)

Fuse number 4 is the fourth fuse up from the bottom on the left from the main fuse and is the main control fuse for all the circuits before the individual circuits. It is the square looking fuse, is not the flat inline type.

If the fuses check good, most likely the ignition switch has failed or in some way lost contact or ground.

Kit

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Before you determine for sure it is the ignition switch.

The acc side of the ignition circuit is fused separately from the main ignition circuit and other functions.

Check the main fuse and also fuse number 4.

The main fuse is the very bottom fuse in the fuse box and really does not look like a standard fuse. It is the bottom long fuse across the two main panel contacts, but really if it is gone it should kill the acc postion also , but maybe not if not totally gone, hence the flickering neutral light. (maybe, but does bear a continuity check through the fuse)

Fuse number 4 is the fourth fuse up from the bottom on the left from the main fuse and is the main control fuse for all the circuits before the individual circuits. It is the square looking fuse, is not the flat inline type.

If the fuses check good, most likely the ignition switch has failed or in some way lost contact or ground.

Kit
Kit - I have checked all fuses - Main fuse is 100 amp the other one is a 30 and I even pulled others out of the fuse block and checked them visually as well as with my meter set for continuity. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

OK it was the battery after all! 13 volts across the terminals on Sunday. 2 volts this morning.:( Mis-diagnosed with the variety of problems but I guess the battery was dying all along and it needed more juice to make things work. I did get 70,000 +miles out of it, so I guess I don't have anything to complain about! Changed out the battery at 141,200 miles!:clapper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.