Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just replaced the alternator on my bike and now it won't start!

I have no neutral light and the bike won't crank. The headlight goes out when I press the start button, but nothing else. I can't find a bad fuse.

What am I missing?

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

By chance, did you wiggle the reverse lever while you were kinda in that area? (it'd have the effect of killing off the "N" lamp and inhibiting start as you describe).

For fun, try cycling the Reverse lever fully to reverse then returning to "normal" position while you're in neutral and the key is on (clearly, the engine won't be running, butt...) See if the "N" returns as you come back home with the reverse switch.

What year is your 1500 Mike ?

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

satan wrote:
By chance, did you wiggle the reverse lever while you were kinda in that area? (it'd have the effect of killing off the "N" lamp and inhibiting start as you describe).

For fun, try cycling the Reverse lever fully to reverse then returning to "normal" position while you're in neutral and the key is on (clearly, the engine won't be running, butt...) See if the "N" returns as you come back home with the reverse switch.

What year is your 1500 Mike ?
Found it! The red plugin behind the left fake gas tank panel was loose. The one right aabove it is the alternator lead. I swear Ichecked it before, but this time I got my hand in there and the connection fell apart.

When I plugged it in, my neutral light lit and the bike starts.

Bike is a 1996.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.