Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hello everyone i am a new member join this site because of the nice people in it and the great advice that i have seen on here heres my problem i rode a couple of weeks ago bike has been in garage tried to start it this weekend just turns over do not here anything like fuel pump kicking in is there a fuse or relaqy for fuel pump if so where i have check all the fuses i can find any thoughts thank buddy

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

The first thing I would try is to make sure the battery is fully charged. The 1500 will turn over the engine with a weak battery but will not start it.

Try this and if it still won't work, come back and let us know. Will try something else.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Something else I forgot to mention is on some of the older 1500s if the kill switch on the handlebar right side is not on run the engine will turn over but not fire.

Oh, by the way I forgot to say welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

thanks luv2wing battery has full charge the bike is a 97 kill switch off it does nothing anything else i would welcome it thanks buddy

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

buddy wrote:
thanks luv2wing battery has full charge the bike is a 97 kill switch off it does nothing anything else i would welcome it thanks buddy
does it turn over? does starter engage?:?

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

hello can anyone recomend a good site to down load a good service manual for 97 GL1500 dont mind buying it but i need one that a 5th grade educated country boy can understand thanks buddy

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
imported post

Buddy,
I would check to see if the auto fuel valve is getting vacuum. If it is, can you see fuel pass through the fuel filter?

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

...had the same problem a few weeks ago, untill i found a vacume hose under the plugs on the left side had slipped off...good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.