Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

To all of you who wished me well during my recent being down, the good news is that my surgeon is perfectly willing to watch things instead of cutting me wide open to remove part of my colon. The REALLY good news is that I get to keep riding all summer. And yes, exavid, I will change out those leaking gaskets on my '78 wing. And darn of all things, my harley has started to leak some oil.

Rodger

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
To all of you who wished me well during my recent being down, the good news is that my surgeon is perfectly willing to watch things instead of cutting me wide open to remove part of my colon. The REALLY good news is that I get to keep riding all summer. And yes, exavid, I will change out those leaking gaskets on my '78 wing. And darn of all things, my harley has started to leak some oil.

Rodger
Hey Rodger...

Good news on the lack of surgery. What is the need for it? I have had some colon problems myself, and hope you dont need to do that. Mine was due to diverticulosis. Seems to be controllable with lots and lots of fiber.

And whats this about a harley that leaks oil. I never heard of one of those.

:action:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

well it started with a couple of bouts of diverticulosis, unfortnualtey when I was in, it was diverticultitis (infected)anda 3.5cm pelvic abscess. Ten days of IV antibiotics, 4 times daily (at about $100 a time).... fortunately I am also a physician and that price was cost. It is somewhat strange having my patients come in and wish me well.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I have had mine go to infections twice now. The first time I got real sick. Second time, I caught it since I recognized the symptoms and got to the family quack quicker (I say that affectionately).

I must say, that I dont ever recall feeling crappier (no joke intended) than I did the first time. I have been through some major injuries, and never did I feel that bad in that same way.

Good luck with yours...

Richard

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:

Rodger
Good news Rodger!:clapper:So what's news about a HD leaking?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

The best of good Irish Luck rcmatt007, and long may it last. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Good luck Roger!

Oh and the Harley? That is terminal.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

How do you tell a Harley is leaking? They all naturally weep.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
And darn of all things, my harley has started to leak some oil.

Rodger
Harleys are supposed to leak... if it doesn't leak it's empty, right?

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

As one of my Harley friends said: Harleys don't leak, they just are marking their territory.:grinner:

Last year after I got my "new" bike back from the shop, I stopped to have a beverage at a local watering hole. There was my "friend Fred's" old Harley sitting there. I parked next to him and went inside. I had to take care of a mother nature thing before I sat down. When I came out, Fred was looking out the door shaking his head. I said "what's the matter, Fred"? He said "look" and pointed at my bike. Underneath was apuddle of something. "Yikes" I said(something like that). I went out and there was a puddle of oil under my bike. I freaked. Then I heard laughter behind me. My ol' buddy Fred was laughing his butt off. He had taken a bottle of oil he was carrying with him and poured some of it under my bike. I didn't know he could run so fast:goofygrin:.

One of these days in the near future I'm going to take some antifreeze and rub it onhis exhaust pipes, inside next to the motor. I'm going to sit back and see how long it takes him to figure out where the antifreeze smell is coming from since he doesn't have any in his bike.

Paybacks are gooood.:cooldevil:

Hobie

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Better to add a pint of petrol to his tank every chance you get, then when he finally tunes it up....Stop the petrol!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
He had taken a bottle of oil he was carrying with him and poured some of it under my bike.
Hobie
Who but a HD rider needs to carry a bottle of oil?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

The hd was invented in 1903 by Bill Harley and Arthur Walter Davidson in Milwaukee. It's famed bar and shield logo came into being seven years later.

By the time America entered the first world war it was the biggest m/cycle factory in the world, with nearly 2000 dealerships worldwide.

Some famous owners were Clarke Gable, Elvis Presley, Brigitte Bardot, Elizabeth Taylor, Gene Vincent, and Evel Kenievel.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
The hd was invented in 1903 by Bill Harley and Arthur Walter Davidson
And while the rest of the world was innovating and designing newer and better motorcycle technology, HDcontinues to build the old junk... to this day.

To each his own I guess. I really don't understand why people still buy those outmoded motorcycles and pay out the nose. Some kind of image or identity thing I suppose.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
The hd was invented in 1903 by Bill Harley and Arthur Walter Davidson
And while the rest of the world was innovating and designing newer and better motorcycle technology, HDcontinues to build the old junk... to this day.
I agree 100% :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

somehow we manage to get off track.... I was thanking the well wishing not trying to diss harleys

btw the 10 shares I bought 15 years ago in H-D for $500.... paid for my 2005 road king

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
somehow we manage to get off track.... I was thanking the well wishing not trying to diss harleys

btw the 10 shares I bought 15 years ago in H-D for $500.... paid for my 2005 road king
That's great... to each his own. And yes, they are very popular and therefore the stock price went up.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Come on guys, HDs are far from junk. They aren't what I want, mainly for two reasons that aren't related to quality. I can't come up with the big bucks they want for what you get. I don't like the phoneys who try to be bad a** and hang around in large groups. I know there are a lot of great guys with HDs, but I don't care for the image the majority are trying to put on.

The folks I know with HDs (two of whom are completely normal) haven't had much trouble with their bikes. I do like the look of them, they sure as hell say 'motorcycle'. I'm happy with my Wing and enjoy taking a poke at HDs due to the pomposity of a lot of their owners (all present excluded). I wouldn't throw one out of my garage if someone wants to donate to me. I'd even ride it! Probably not for long trips though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.