Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of aux lights on this bike, bought the bike that way, messing with front aux lights and I did something wrong, I now have no tail lights. Checked all fuses, all good. What did I do???? Help!!!!!

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Did you test each side of the fuses with a multimeter or test light?

Did you check the two 5 amp fuses in the relay box rear of the main fuse panel? It's behind the left saddlebag.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Next step is to begin Unplugging Devices and Wire Harnesses, testing the rear light function each time, until the culprit is found.

That said, given that you were working on the front of the bike, then the odds are that's where the problem is... I'd start there.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
Not really related, but the tail lights were out on my 1200, which has a warning indicator on the dash. Just fixed it this morning. Luckily it was a fuse.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found problem, aux lights have a switch mounted to the right side fairing, I took off the fairing and there was a fuse wired into the switch. Fuse bad, replaced fuse, fixed the problem.

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
A PO wired switch and fuse in the fairing caused the factory taillights to malfunction!:NO:

The bikes harness is not designed for additional loads, aux wiring should be done properly through fuse protected circuits and relays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.