Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Honda Goldwing SE---no turn signals---front and back----on the dash will not lite up. When I turn switch on the signals lites on front go out. Need help. I have checked all fuses and switched relays---didn't help.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Flasher relay u/s or no power to it or break in wire to switch. Find relay and join grey and black to see if lights come on without flashing.

Do the hazards work?

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
It is probably an issue related to the flasher. Most likely the flasher itself has failed. I think the hazard and turn signal flasher can be interchanged, Check it out. 😎

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Hazards have a bad reputation especially if they have no been used in a while. The switch gets dirty. So this might or might not be related. Are you sure the hazards worked lately? If you are sure you lost both the hazard and turn lights at the same time look around connector 93. That is where the turn and hazard lights merge together.

Removing the trunk is a pan. If you just remove the license plate panle youu should be able to reach the flashers.Check this video at about 5:20,

Item number 9.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yes the flasher and hazard relays are the same, next to each other nearly as far back as you can get

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Yes the flasher and hazard relays are the same, next to each other nearly as far back as you can get
Bryan,
I screwed up and didn't see the hazards were not working. If he is sure the hazards worked before the issue I gave him bad info. If the hazards and turn lights failed simultaneously it is more likely a wiring issue near connector C93 where the 2 systems tee together. But hazards are so bad that it is hard to say if the two issues are separate or related.

Screenshot (44)_LI.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got to the flasher and hazard relays. I switched both relays and "0"; I tried one at a time and not a thing.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
At Flasher:
White wire with green stripe at flasher should be hot with key on.. Is it?

Also If you press left or right turn signal the gray wire should flash power...does it? If the grey wire has power flashing good chance the turn light switch is dirty or bad as the flashing grey wire brings power back to the turn light switch. When you move the switch that determines left of right power.

Blue with Black must be grounded with either turn light active ...is it? (Almost has to be if the position lights are working as you describe. But won't hurt to check)..

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
It’s possible that both the switches are dirty?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, thanks-----I will try that this afternoon. Thanks again Allen
Well I finally got to check the wiring at the flasher and turn signal relays. There is no power on the white plug (signal relay) on any wire---with the switch on and turn signals on both ways. I have power on the lite green with black stripes on black (flasher) plug.

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
Do the brake lights and horn work?

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
GL1500 Turn Signal Relay Wiring (3 wires) (1990 - 2000)

1. White/Green wire: (Input voltage from the horn/turn relay)

2. Blue/Black wire: (Input ground from the turn signal cancel control unit)

3. Gray wire: (Output voltage to the turn signal switch)

Note: These wires are located at the C10 – 22-pin connector under the seat.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
hazard works
Output power from the Hazard switch is spliced into the output wires from the turn signal switch at the left handlebar.

Therefor the wiring, connectors, turn signal housings, bulbs etc. are all good.

You need to check input/output for the turn signal relay.

Then go from there.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts