Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had the bike on the road for about a week and it seems that when i hit a small hump or bump in the road that the fairing appears to be jumping a bit and making a noise that sounds likethe false tankis loose or that the fairing it hitting something. I have checked the tank and the fairing and they seem to be mounted very solidly. I've really pulled and proded them but I do not get the movement that I see when riding.

Any ideas where this noise is coming from ? Oh I've also checked the overflow tank and removed the tray from the tank to eliminate them from the possibilities.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

If you have a radio, could be one of the radio components inside the fairing is rattling around.

If you have lowers on, remove them and look underneath where the fairing bolts onto the bracket. Check for cracks and loose nuts and bolts.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

Also check for the four bolts around the bottom front of the fairing, on the curved part.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

some one a while back had the same problem-- dont rember who or when. but he did say that the fairing bracket behind the steering head was missing a nut on the bolt.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

I thank you all for your replies. This bike only has 12k original miles so I don't think the stem bearings are the problem.I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

I have an 82 Interstate with 9000 miles. It started making that noise at about 4000. It was loose steering nhead bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.