Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys,

Just a question as I have been reading various posts here regarding the non-availability of the rebuild kit for the vacuum fuel shutoff...

I bought one of these a few years ago just to have on hand and now I see references to the fact that they are no longer available for various reasons...

Can anyone actually confirm that they are no longer available and why not?? IIRC I bought mine from either Venco Wings or JC Whitney - can't remember which vendor and it's still sitting on my shelf in the garage as a spare...

Les

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,155 Posts
imported post

I think it was Venco Wings, IIRC that is where I got my spare sets. I got two sets to keep on hand.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

One tidbit... if you are going to store these, I recommend that you stick them in the back of your refrigerator crisper drawer. The rubber parts will not age nearly as fast as they do at room temperature or higher.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

So the issue is one of Honda not making them anymore and aftermarket suppliers not making them either???

I just looked back about 4 pages to a previous thread dealing with the issue and there were some comments about the ethanol fuel attacking the rubber diaphragms...

Mine is original on my 93 Aspy and so far it's holding up... I was just curious - thanks for the information...

Les

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

That's about the size of it Les. Everyone waiting for the aftermarket people to catch up with the demand, because Honda are not interested in GL1500 owners keeping their bikes on the road.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

The initial panic over this has passed, now that we have a few replacement options available to us.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Not that I need one but I did a search on the part number of my spare (K&L 18-4356) and I could not find anyone who had them in stock... I might be tempted to buy another spare if I could locate them... Does anyone know who really has them??? Didn't find any on e-bay or the csmnl site that was recommended... I guess wexy had some but it looks like he is out too and I'm not sure about shipping form UK to my place in the states...

Les

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

wexy has some in the For Sale forum Les. Or he had, I don't know if he has any left. Lookup the thread or send wexy a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
imported post

Someone looking for a fuel shut off kit a while back just went to his Honda dealer and asked for one, and they had it for him. Just wondering if the newer 1500s had better fuel shut off valves than the earlier 1500s had. Seems like I replaced the valve on my `91 Aspencade before at the same mileage, and age as my `98 has.
Tom Bishop
`98 S.E.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.