Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me how to connect a non honda cb into the intercom system.

My 1500 is a 1988 standard model which did not come with an original cb. I presume i will need a connection cable from the cb to the radio. I'm afraid to go mucking about in case i blow the s*** out of one or both. Can anyone let me know what I need, where to source it and how to do it. Or has anyone a CB for sale?

Help

George

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

There used to be an interface available in the UK for a cb on the 1500. I'll try and find out who sold it (think it was Mike Chadwick) later today.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi George

cbs for 1500 are like gold dust,they were around $800 new in the USA ,but are now discontinued,,I have seen secondhand one go for $900 on ebay ,however getting back to your problem ,on this site under the "worth a look " section you will find information and links to companies for almost anything for a goldwing ,so just to save you the trouble this time I have copied the following from that section ,,,see ya sunday17th oct..Ciaran :action:

Goldwing CB Radio Interface. Stuart Hall, from the UK makes CB radio interfaces for Goldwings. He can supply the interface, ptt switch and the mounting pods for the CB. His prices are very good. No web site but Stuart can be contacted at 01803 552792.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Goldwing CB Radio Interface. Stuart Hall, from the UK makes CB radio interfaces for Goldwings. He can supply the interface, ptt switch and the mounting pods for the CB. His prices are very good. No web site but Stuart can be contacted at 01803 552792.

Stuarts stuff is good but all added up it will cost you about £400 plus about £60 for an antenna.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Chadwicks don't do the interface anymore. The shop does custom stuff now and Wings are not part fo the setup anymore. I guess Stuarts one is the way to go, expensive but it does work and it's a good unit that covers all the popular CB frequencies.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi Ted, :waving::waving::waving:

Many thanks for the info. In the meantime I have been busy and have fitted the J&M handlebar CB unit. For anyone interested they cost about €750 on this side of the pond and €400 on the other side.

In total it takes about two hours to fit, but well worth it.

If I bump into you we can use all that CB jargon.

Ten four and safe winging

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.