Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got done with a tank of non ox premium from fleet farm and got 262 miles

on 6.5 gallons. This stuff seems to do better than regular gas by about 5 to 6 MPG.

Anyone else see this happening or am I just dreaming?

2012 1800

Thanks

SOC

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

I don't know about performance differences, I get between 30 and 35 mpg no matter what I put in the tank of my GL1100. I do run the non-oxy premium stuff because it seems better suited to older machines. I run it in my Polaris snowmobile and my 'Wing.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

Just tried a tank of "clear" premium - no ethanol - yesterday. Don't know about miles per gallon but the old wing definately runs more smoothly.

Pretty big difference in price though - $4.19 vs $3.89 for 87 octane regular unleaded.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Sons of Chan wrote:
Just got done with a tank of non ox premium from fleet farm and got 262 miles

on 6.5 gallons. This stuff seems to do better than regular gas by about 5 to 6 MPG.

Anyone else see this happening or am I just dreaming?

2012 1800

Thanks

SOC
I've never ran mine out of fuel to find out the total mileage of a complete tank, but on 10% regular I average 42.2 MPG which would come out to 274 miles to the tank. On true regular, (No Ethanol) I average 44.3 which comes out to 287.95 miles.Your only averaging40.4 mpg, which is pretty standard even on regular gas, unless your a slowpoke like me who pretty much obeys the speed limit most of the time.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

That would be 40 mpg. Is that good for an 1800 ? The GL1100's normally get 40-42 mpg and thats on unleaded gas, and get 30=32 mpg withe sidecar installed

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Loaded to the hilt and double up, goin up a slight grade at average speed of 70-75 I got 34 MPG on my 97 Aspy 1500 using 89 octane.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I was getting about 36 mpg with my LTD, but since I got some problems with the fuel injection sorted out, I am hoping it will do better. I don't think any stock Goldwing engine needs more than 87 octane, but real gas without booze in it definitely works better. It will have more power, it will run cooler, and it will get better mpg. I hate to think about what the moonshine is doing to my fuel injectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.