Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:X:(WELL CHAPS I GUESS YOU ALL HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR NOT HOPEFULLY. I HAVE AN ASPY 1100, 83 IT DID RUN BUT REALLY ROUGH AND HARD TO START. 3 AND 4 PIPES WERE LUKE WARM 1 WAS HOTTER AND 2 WAS FULL TEMP = V, HOT. IVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE HAYNES FAULT FINDING AND FOUND THAT THE PULSE GENNIE WAS OK IE, BOTH READINGS ON THE OHMETER WERE FINE AT AROUND 530 OHMS. THE VOLTAGE AT THE COIL WIRES WERE 12V FOR THE BLUE WIRE IE CYLS 1AND 2 AND .25 AT THE YELLOW CYLS 3 AND 4 HAVE SWAPPED AROUND THE PULSE AMPS TO SEE IF THE PROB SWITCHES SIDES BUT NO JOY AND NOW I DONT SEEM TO HAVE SPARK AT ANY PLUGS OH THE KILL SWITCH IS WORKING FINE COS I TESTED IT.

HELP PLEASE

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site vandamiam! :waving::waving:

If you put everything back to where it was do you have spark at any plug? One thing that does cross my mind is a bad ignition coil and a funky ignitor (pulse gennie). That combination wouldn't work if you swapped either one of them but if you swapped both it should move the problem to the other two cylinders.

·
Administrator
26,988 Posts
imported post

What is the voltage on the + side of the coils, black/yellow wire?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

Since it was running and your pipes were at different temps, you should first replace all 4 plugs because atleast 2 were not firing . On 750's for sure and more than likely on the wings , 1 coil did 1 and 3 cylinders, and the 2nd did 2 and 4 . This was to aid in trouble shooting ignition trouble I was told, and it worked well to islote ignition trouble. Maybe, not sure on this, wings fire in the same type way, to help figure out coil trouble. If a plug is bad, you may not be able to see spark fire across during a spark check. Changing the plugs may just solve your trouble.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

:X:(thanks for the replys i will try and swap the whole ignition sides across i didnt check volts on the yellow and black but will do later tday as work is a hard taskmaster plus i have to charge the battery.

thanks for the welcomes and ill keep up posting progress or lack of it

cant wait to ride it ;)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

:(:(:(WELL IVE CHECKED VOLTS AT THE BLACK AND YELLOW WIRES AND READING 13.6 VOLTS. I REDID THE HAYNES MANUAL CHECKS AND OHM READINGS WERE GOOD AGAIN AT THE PULSE GENERATOR CONNECTION IN THE L/H SIDE PANNEL BOTH AT 320 AND337. THE VOLTAGE READINGS AT THIS SAME PLUG WERE A BIT CONFUSING, HAYNES SAYS IT SHOULD FLUCTUATE BETWEEN 12V AND 0V BOTH OF MY READINGS WERE 0.9V AND 0.79V BUT STEADY NOT FLUCTUATING. VOLTAGE READINGS AT THE BLUE AND YELLOW WIRES CONNECTING TO THE COILS WERE BOTH 12V PLUS.

PLUS I HAVE REMOVED THE PLUGS AND THERE ISNT A SPARK AT ANY SIDE NOW.. WOULD YOU SAY THE COILS ARE AT FAULT COS IM AT A LOSS NOW !!!!!!:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

:(:(:(WELL IVE CHECKED VOLTS AT THE BLACK AND YELLOW WIRES AND READING 13.6 VOLTS. I REDID THE HAYNES MANUAL CHECKS AND OHM READINGS WERE GOOD AGAIN AT THE PULSE GENERATOR CONNECTION IN THE L/H SIDE PANNEL BOTH AT 320 AND337. THE VOLTAGE READINGS AT THIS SAME PLUG WERE A BIT CONFUSING, HAYNES SAYS IT SHOULD FLUCTUATE BETWEEN 12V AND 0V BOTH OF MY READINGS WERE 0.9V AND 0.79V BUT STEADY NOT FLUCTUATING. VOLTAGE READINGS AT THE BLUE AND YELLOW WIRES CONNECTING TO THE COILS WERE BOTH 12V PLUS.

PLUS I HAVE REMOVED THE PLUGS AND THERE ISNT A SPARK AT ANY SIDE NOW.. WOULD YOU SAY THE COILS ARE AT FAULT COS IM AT A LOSS NOW !!!!!!:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.