Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a non air suspention out there for the GL1100? Would rather replace then mess with

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Progressive suspension sells coil over shocks any where from $150 to $300.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

yes they do... I have them on back of my 1100.

Attachments

·
Canada Bob
461 Posts
imported post

I will leap in on this and ask, How is the ride on those compared to your air assisted shocks?

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Nope, these are older from back in the day.. Adjustable v.h.d.made by showa. but you can still get them on ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

The ride is not to bad... Not going to lie, It is little stiffer ride.. but there adjustable for a little more comfort.But ill take these anyday over old air shocks that leak , have to put oil in, etc.. Put them on and walk away. Mine have three different adjustments you can play with.adjustable compression, damping and rebound

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

I rebuilt the rear shocks on my 1100 last year and didn't like them. I really liked the Progressive shocks on my 76, so I tried a set on the 82. I love them. Rides much better(to me). It has Progressive front and rear now.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Exactly what I want for my 1200LTD. Not worried about a stiffer ride. On board compressor setup was junk, removed it and tossed it. Tried to put air in shocks with a pump, but it leaked out. Way to mushy now. I was even considering the $100 per pair ones from SaberCycle. Now I know SaberCycle sells Chinese junk, but I need something cheap. Would be happy with used, if I knew something that would fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.