Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
58,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
News break!!!
As of today, the Official Host Forum has reverted back here to the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.

North American Summer Annual Meet 'n Greet

aka NASR 12
June 18th, 19th and 20th 2019

Your NASR 12 Hosts: Galaxyhunter ( Carl Roland); Pwhoever (Mike Kane) ; Parman (Don Kelly)
Supporting staff: erwjww ( Jack White) Beth (Beth White) Yougnbald ( Mark Graft)

MOTEL INFORMATION
Grant Hills Motel 9372 US 20 West, Galena, IL 61036
(815) 777-2116
https://www.granthills.com/

The Motel has 33 rooms & will hold all rooms until 90 day before this event. Rooms 2-25 are on the front side of the motel & have door front parking. Rooms 26-35 are on the backside w/out the door front parking but these room face where the tent / activities will take place. The pool is near room 25.

Double Queen beds, rooms 2-9 $79.00 + tax
Double twin beds, rooms 10-15, 18-26, 28-35 $79.00 + tax
Triple twin beds, rooms 16,17, 27 $89.00 + tax

Contact person: Terri
Her work hours are: Mon, Wed, Sat: 7am-1pm and Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sun: All day.
NOTE: when calling to make your reservations please use “NASR” as the event name.
========================================

Palace Campgrounds
11357 US Hwy. 20 West, Galena, IL 61036
Telephone: (815) 777-2466

==================================

We also have a Facebook presence at https://www.facebook.com/events/209167053083150/

IF, you use Facebook.... Please go there and post that you are going to attend.
This will increase the chances of your friends also getting alerted to this Meet 'n Greet.

We all miss our friends who have dropped out of the forum, and have not attended recent summer meet 'n greets with us.

As this is a major change of forum hosts, the previous thread here has been hidden.

·
Administrator
25,535 Posts
I don't do facebook. Hopefully I can make this one.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
58,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't do facebook. Hopefully I can make this one.

That is why, I am purposely going to cross post the posts from FB to here, and likewise, from here to the FB thread.

That way, all can see, "all of the conversations",

and to my thinking, that is what has caused the current slow down in conversations and attendance to the events.

We have become splintered in our communications medium. :|

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I plan to attend but I'm questionable at this point. Unforeseen developments in my personal life has me up in the air right now. If my wife surgery goes good and I can be away I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Not sure how this came about . But it seems the complete thread is missing at NAGF. No explanation given to those folks that I can find :(
John are you able to cross post back to the NAGF site to help keep those folks informed ???

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I may not post a lot but I am keeping an eye on the thread. I will make a post on NAGF this evening with an explanation.

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
"Major group of attendees"...REALLY???

The only people who have attended more of these events than me are Bob and Anita. No one contacted me for any input so I don't know what attendees are being referenced.

At this point it sounds like someone wanted to be the boss and just kind of snuck in the back door and stole control.

I thought this was supposed to be an event coordinated and shared over both sites, and IMO if we want more attendance we need to get more Goldwing related sites involved, not fewer.

·
Administrator
58,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Major group of attendees"...REALLY???

The only people who have attended more of these events than me are Bob and Anita. No one contacted me for any input so I don't know what attendees are being referenced.

At this point it sounds like someone wanted to be the boss and just kind of snuck in the back door and stole control.

I thought this was supposed to be an event coordinated and shared over both sites, and IMO if we want more attendance we need to get more Goldwing related sites involved, not fewer.

Doug,
I apologize for not contacting you.... my memory is not the best,
Andy and others tried to remember who all attended all of them,

or nearly so.

I checked and you are not in my phone Contact List.
until Yesterday, GalaxyHunter ( Carl Roland ) was not in my Contact List

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have setup a dedicated PayPal account just for this event. When my support team has finalized our information, I will post a simple thread for ordering shirts & meal tickets.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Where is the store? Can't find the NASR 12 store. Need to order T shirts, etc.
Jeffrey AKA Green Dragon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts