Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

"SB in SC" & I have discussed it a couple of times, altho our numbers up in this area
(Canada & US) are lower than other parts we were thinking a short get together in the Pennsylvania ??? area along Hwy "81". Sean & I were planning to meet for dinner anyway & what the Hey - why not make it a group dinner before the riding season ends again ??? There are a few of us within a day's ride in all directions. :?:?

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

When and where?

I have trouble getting time off, but

if I can get the time off it sounds like

a great idea to me.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

What time frame you two thinking about, Bob. :?

I'll be coming back up through the spine of the Appalachians in late Sept/early Oct, was planning on possible hooking back up for a camping weekend with Winger in the northern PA(Wellsboro)/Adirondacks area then and that would be a great way to cap off my summer longtour! . :dance:

Ddusty

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,703 Posts
imported post

WE would be interested in that also..:dance:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Like I said Lad's - it was just a thought, sometime in October would be nice - Location ?????:? :action::action::action::action:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I would think near enough to a town(not a 'city')with suitable accomodations, such as cheaper motels and a campground nearby to suit everyone(?)

Just my thoughts, Bob, but you're 'Runnin the Show'! :laughing:

Ken

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I"m not "RUNNIN" anything, just thinking out loud ..........................

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

well .... think a little louder Bob :ROFL:about an area of PA and then we can talk about what is in/near that area ..NE PA, SE PA, Central PA, MD, WV, VA etc :?

·
Just one of the guys
4,774 Posts
imported post

October is pushing leaf peeper season. It should be getting some color on the leaves about then. My only concern is scheduling something in advance at that time of year the weather can be a bit unpredictable. I am thinking Springville PA might be a good base, you would just have to sneak it in on Dave so we could use his back yard.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

My only thought was along the "81", your suggested area's are not very far apart, perhaps someone in that area might have some idea's ?????;)

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

DougW wrote:
October is pushing leaf peeper season. It should be getting some color on the leaves about then. My only concern is scheduling something in advance at that time of year the weather can be a bit unpredictable. I am thinking Springville PA might be a good base, you would just have to sneak it in on Dave so we could use his back yard.
I was thinking of the tree show too Doug, accommodations / traffic but this is what we need is local (that area) ideas. Thanks & keep it up.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Plenty of back yard space here if needed. And unlike most campgrounds,, the firewood is free :) (Doug,, what size splitting mall do you prefer??):cool: J/K :ROFL:

Not a whole lot to see/do in this neck of the woods,but some decent "ride outs" are good.

Lets see what this an turn into. Right now I'm a bit busy getting things together for NASSIR-4.

·
Just one of the guys
4,774 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Plenty of back yard space here if needed. And unlike most campgrounds,, the firewood is free :) (Doug,, what size splitting mall do you prefer??):cool: J/K :ROFL:

Not a whole lot to see/do in this neck of the woods,but some decent "ride outs" are good.

Lets see what this an turn into. Right now I'm a bit busy getting things together for NASSIR-4.
Any wood splitting I do involves a John Deere 970 and hydraulics which is bit large to haul behind the Trike.

If this were to be a 2 or 3 day event I know that between you and I there are hundreds and hundreds of miles of really nice riding. If it were to be centered in Coudersport, Wellsboro or into NY there is Watkins Glen. Too many choices.

Looks Like 96aspencade has some choices to make.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

No choices to make here guy's, my only choice was whether or not to make the suggestion. I"m not going try organize something in an area I know nothing about.
Maybe it won't fly, it depends on what suits those interested in attending. I wasn't thinking about anything like our NASSIR gatherings, more something for those in this area not able to attend the big show for different reasons. Sean & I were going to meet for dinner somewhere in the middle from SC & the border along the 81 for an equal ride, other than that like I said, it was just a thought. I"m also not going to try to volunteer any one else ...................:byebye:

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,703 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
No choices to make here guy's, my only choice was whether or not to make the suggestion. I"m not going try organize something in an area I know nothing about.
Maybe it won't fly, it depends on what suits those interested in attending. I wasn't thinking about anything like our NASSIR gatherings, more something for those in this area not able to attend the big show for different reasons. Sean & I were going to meet for dinner somewhere in the middle from SC & the border along the 81 for an equal ride, other than that like I said, it was just a thought. I"m also not going to try to volunteer any one else ...................:byebye:
No problem Bob and we don't want to volunteer you either...

Just pick a date thats good for you and Sean and if we are available, we will chime in as to whether we can make it or not..Some may choose to ride together ..some alone..;)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I agree,,,,,,,,, no need to make it complicated. Just tell us where your going to have dinner,,,,,,,, keep it "easy peasy";)

If it turns out someone wants to make a over nighter or two, my offer for tent space still stands.

I even have some roof space fora few bikes.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
I"m not "RUNNIN" anything, just thinking out loud ..........................
I like your thought processes even if it is out loud.

Just shout out a time and place, and if off, will be there!!!:byebye:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

Might take a ride down from Ct. for that.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

2ac911, it would be great to meet more from up in the North East, we were in Vermont last week & love that area but it is a little too far north for some of the riders from the south, that's why we were looking around Penn/ Virginia area being more central. :?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Sean & I were going to meet for dinner somewhere in the middle from SC & the border along the 81 for an equal ride, other than that like I said, it was just a thought. ...................:byebye:
Well .... a likely spot that suits those conditions above and provides things to do/see/ride and also has motels/campgrounds would put it right around Front Royal, which has lots of 'possibilities'. Far enough south for warmer weather, yet not too far for those to the north. ..... just sayin!

http://goo.gl/maps/W00V

Dusty

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.