Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, lets get away from the Harley bashing, the bad drivers and riders, loud pipes, and anything else we can come up with to complain about. Lets get into what we really want to be doing, ridding.

A couple of friends and myself went on a little 3 day trip into Colorado.

We had been planning a longer trip but things didn't work out so we squeezed this one in. I had lived in Colorado for 16 years and spent many a vacation there. But I had never been up the Poudre River canyon.

The locals :)

From there we would head over to Walden and then north to Saratoga Wyoming. I have other friends that do a lot of snowmobiling in the Snowy Range area and they told us we needed to see Saratoga.

The North Platte River out the back of the hotel in Saratoga. It's pushing the limit of the banks.

The 2[sup]nd[/sup] day we back tracked back down to Walden then over to Steamboat Springs over Rabbit Ears Pass. I can mark another pass off my list :)

See the rabbit ears? Kind of a stretch :)

Coming into Steamboat

We then head back over Rabbit Ears and south to Kremmling and into Silverthorn. My friend wanted to ride through the Eisenhower Tunnel.

South Cow Creek lake

Eisenhower Tunnel

From there it was up over Berthod Pass. I had been over Berthod in a car but never on a bike.

We stayed in Granby that night and got up and headed for Grand Lake then over to Trail Ridge Road. It had been a long time since I went over Trail Ridge. Some great views from up there.

The rides that got us here

From there it was down into Estes Park, though the Big Thompson canyon, Loveland and then on home. It was hot heading back home but still a great ride. I'm ready for more :)

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

wonderful!

I lived in colorado for thirty years, and plan on moving back someday. Still looks like home...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

Spectacular! Thanks for sharing. :applause:

I will be out in Colorado in September - less the bike :sadguy:

Oh well - one of these days ;)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

W:shock:W!!!

Great ride report and pictures!!!

Really appreciated!!!

Did bring back some great memories of our tripto the Rocky Mountain National Park.:smiler:

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Went out there on the bike over 25 years ago. Now I remember why it was my best vacation ever!!!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

Three day trip? No wonder all the pics were taken while in motion...

·
Premium Member
61,466 Posts
imported post

Great pictures

Thanks

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

Wow, a lot of snow has melted since we were there earlier this month.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

Fantastic picture array.

I love the Colorado country, but these days, it is way too cold there in the winter.

But it makes a nice summer destination when it is too hot here to stay home.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

Nice pics, Thanks for sharing. what did you use to take the pics ?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
imported post

I was wondering the same thing, What model of camera was you using to take those great looking pictures? Thanks a million for showing your road trip.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Outstanding!!! I can't let OLDBLUE see those pic. or I'll have to do another rode trip now that see has a new cluch, damm cowpath/short cuts. Would be nice to get out of this heat. CO. is not that far from Las Vegas!!! No have to manny HONEYDO'S TO GET COUGHT UP ON. Thank you for posting your trip.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thanks for the comments folks!

AZgl1500, my wife and I did get tired of no really warm evenings. Often times you still need a jacket in the evenings in the middle of summer. We started to miss the warm evenings when living in Colorado.

jnel57 and RHalbur, thanks, the camera is just a little cheapy Olympus FE-170. It does ok taking outside pics, but it's nothing to brag about. Course if I drop going down the road at 60mph I wont be too heart broken either :)

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

Add me to the "Thanks for the pics" list...

... I love living here, and see this stuff on the weekend-after-breakfast rides, but seeing with new eyes helps me look past the traffic .. y'know - look to the side now and then just to look

Thanks for re-opening my eyes... jwhitmore44

& Don ... there are plenty of rentals available for a day or two ride when you're in the area. (bike are 1800s though ...)

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Thanks Satan, I know what you mean by starting to take things for granted. I lived in the the Springs/Woodland Park area for 16 years and commuted up and down the pass. After awhile you don't see your surroundings, specially when dealing with traffic :) I noticed the same thing where I live now when looking at a thread on another forum that had pictures of the plains.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

wow

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.