Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everybody ...re the nothern ireland birthday bash ..Can all you wingers from the GWOCI please do your level best to make it toLimavady for this great weekend ,,John Little and all the lads in the GWOCNI have put in a HUGE effort to make this a great weekend and they ALWAYS support our treffen in big numbers ,so it would be nice to give a little in return by turning up for their birthday bash ,,,The leinster region will be leaving Dublin at 10.30 on the Friday morning ...You are welcome to travel with us ,,This is an open invitation to ALL goldwingers ,club and non club members,,I can be contacted on 086 8113750..or if you have a friend who wants to travel but does not have a wing ,then that is ok as well ,,SO DO YOUR BEST TO SUPPORT JOHN AND THE BOYS...Cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the support Cairan it is really appreciated. I took janet down to the clubhouse to test the beer, well someone had to do it, and the good news is it is club prices which is around 30p - 40p a drink cheaper than bar prices. Country & Western star, (the wee man from Strabane) Hugo Duncan will be performing his live radio show on site 1pm - 3pm Friday afternoon and interviewing any bikers on air who arrive during the show. There has been so much sponsorship given to this event that I can 100% guarantee you will not go home disappointed. No need for a cooker as full catering including sit down meals will be on offer including free Bushmills Whiskey. See you there.

:cooldj::sozzled::sozzled::sozzled::sozzled: :clapper:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Looks like it should be a great weekend. This has been advertised for a long time so nobody can say they weren't told about it. John has gone out of his way to inform us here and on the GWOCI site, as well as the GWOCGB forum and probably other forums as wellso all the info is available. All we need now is some nice weather for it. :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

I have to agree and endorse all the comments about this event. :clapper: This has been advertised on a number of sites :weightlifter:so no one can ever say they didn't know anything about it. :stumped: Littlejohn seems to be the anchor man for this event so we all hope that the weather holds up :jumper: and that everyone who attends has a good time. :skipping:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I had a call from a chap called Guy from Honda UK. He is the one responsible for arranging the sponsorship from Honda. He is also the one1800 ownersliase with whentheir 1800 is going away for the recall. He tells me he is almost certain he will be coming over to our event on a borrowed companies GL1800. He is a brave man with all those disgruntled 1800 owners present but he should enjoy it and if hedoes make itthere he will present the Honda donated prizes in the raffle. I suspect some 1800 owners may have a few questions for him along the way. Hopefully they won't be too hard on him as he has been very helpful. :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Littlejohn :stumped: I cant see anyone giving out to Guy, he did no wrong. :clapper:

The :18red:is the best touring bike ever built. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Littlejohn :stumped: I cant see anyone giving out to Guy, he did no wrong. :clapper:

The :18red:is the best touring bike ever built. :clapper:

:stumped: Are you forgetting all the re-calls..:goofygrin:... No the 1500 is still the best by a long way...:cheeky1:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Wickla wrote:
Are you forgetting all the re-calls..... No the 1500 is still the best by a long way...
Hey Wickla :stumped: You must be joking. :grinner:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

:baffled:Hey REDWING, What can i say....But If it hurts so much .. well I am sorry..:grinner:..But the 18 is still a poor excuse for the 15..:cheeky1:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Wickla wrote:
:baffled:Hey REDWING, What can i say....But If it hurts so much .. well I am sorry..:grinner:..But the 18 is still a poor excuse for the 15..
You must still be joking. :weightlifter:

:skipping::18red::skipping:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Hey Wickla ,,ya seem to forget ...your 1500 broke down on the way back from France and it was me with my 1800 that got you home ,,:tongue::tongue::tongue:,,so say sorry .....donkey ...

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

The jackets and polo shirts arrived and they are just great. Barry Walton from Appleyards had the polo shirts printed on the back with the Goldwing Logo and '30yrs of winging.' They are being raffled as a set with one jacket and one polo shirt per prize. The tickets for the 2005 R1 Yamaha came today giving the winner a 500/1 chance of winning it. Coca-Cola gave us 600 bottles of Coke, Powerade and Mineral water to be handed out to anyone wanting it on arrival. We are having to hold a raffle on both nights as there are so many prizes donated. I went in today to order a banner for the gate, which isn't cheap and the guy sponsered it free. I found that thesponsors have been very generous so fingers crossed for good weather. It should be OK as it hasn't stopped raining here all week. It has to stop sometime.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hey Wickla ,,ya seem to forget ...your 1500 broke down on the way back from France and it was me with my 1800 that got you home ,,:tongue::tongue::tongue:,,so say sorry .....donkey ...
Ha ! Ha! Wickla :stumped: You didn't tell us that wexman :jumper:had to come to your rescue on his :18red::clapper: Now down on one knee and say after me,"The :18red:is the best Touring m/cycle that Honda has ever built" :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
wexman wrote:
Ha ! Ha! Wickla :stumped: You didn't tell us that wexman :jumper:had to come to your rescue on his :18red::clapper: Now down on one knee and say after me,"The :18red:is the best Touring m/cycle that Honda has ever built" :clapper:

:clapper:NEVER..NEVER you will have to break both of my knees. Anyway. about the breakdown...well if you could call it one.. :baffled:I just wanted a little break as the "Lads" were feeling the strain of keeping up with me.. I did not want to hurt there feelings by asking them did they want to stop so I manufactured a little breakdown.. "and what do you know" Wexman got right in there, sleeves up.. well what can you say.. Poor thing.. I had to let him fix it.. :cool:.. even though it was not really broken :baffled:.. what can I say... The 1500 is the only motorcycle that you can fix something that is not broken... Beat that !!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Wickla wrote:
NEVER..NEVER you will have to break both of my knees. Anyway. about the breakdown...well if you could call it one.. :baffled:I just wanted a little break as the "Lads" were feeling the strain of keeping up with me.. I did not want to hurt there feelings by asking them did they want to stop so I manufactured a little breakdown.. "and what do you know" Wexman got right in there, sleeves up.. well what can you say.. Poor thing.. I had to let him fix it.. :cool:.. even though it was not really broken :baffled:.. what can I say... The 1500 is the only motorcycle that you can fix something that is not broken... Beat that !!!!!
Hey Wickla :dude: I see you are a bit of a comedian as well as everything else.:stumped:

All the :18red:riders are well aware that the :15red:is past it's sell by date.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Hey REDWING.... Me a comedian.. never !!!:goofygrin:.. I am always very searious..Don't mind what Wexman says about me.. we all know who the comedian is "shineyshopmearse.com" how is that for being searious..!!:shock:. just ask him and then we will all know...the secret will be well and truly out !!:cooldj:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I think Saturday morning 25th June will be the test when Limavady's Mayor makes his decision for the best bike in show. Will it be an 1800, 1500, 1200 or 1100 only time will tell.

:cooldj:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
I think Saturday morning 25th June will be the test when Limavady's Mayor makes his decision for the best bike in show. Will it be an 1800, 1500, 1200 or 1100 only time will tell.
Hey Littlejohn :leprechaun: What about my Honda 50 :stumped:if i make it up from The Islands along with my neighbour, will it not be eligible to enter for the best bike. :crying:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.