Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Regional Reps,

As secretary of the Goldwing Owners Club of Northern Ireland on behalf of our committee I would like to extend an invite to all your members to a 10th anniversary birthday bash being held by our club.
The event is scheduled to take place the weekend of 24th - 27th June 2005 atLimavady Football Club, Limavady, County Londonderry.
We are lucky to have secured an excellentlocation which is of a high Standard situatedright on the Northwest coast only20 minutes from the Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery where that fine whiskey is made, Portrush, Portstewart including some of the finest sandy beaches in Ireland. Visitors will be given plenty of opportunity to sample some real good old fashioned Northern Irish hospitality.
There is an excellent bar facility on site, good toilets and showers on site. There will also be hot food available. The site is within2 minutes walking distance of the central shopping area in Limavady. There will be organised rideouts giving visitors a sample of some of the most breathtaking scenery in Ireland. There will be music, good beer and good company.

Like any event, this event will only be a success if we get sufficient numbers to attend. I would really appreciate it if you could make your region members aware of this event and let me know how many would be interested in coming over for the weekend. Any of you who have been to the province will know thatLimavady is a beautiful locationin the Roe Valley on the Northwest Coast and is in a very safe, secure location. We have chosen this particular weekend as it does not, to the best of our knowledge, clash with any other local UK event on the GB calendar that weekend. We can promise you a secure and relaxed location with plenty of local places of interest to visit.

Depending on numbers interested we will be issuing a more detailed itinerary for the weekend. In view of the time scale I would really appreciate an early reply indicating if any of your members would be interested in attending this event.

regards,
John Lyttle
Secretary GWOCNI
Email:- [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Littlejohn :waving: This looks like a great event :clapper: and the weather should be in your favour. Thats a beautiful part of Northern Ireland for all visitors. :jumper:I hope to be able to make that for some of the days if i can get the lone of the neighbours :18red: he is starting to get a bit selfish lately. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Just back from a meeting of the committee responsible for setting up this event. If all goes according to plan this should be a good weekend. There will be entertainment, raffles, lots of good beer and a great rideout Saturday where the brave amongst you can try and cross the famous carrick-a-reagh rope bridge while balancing a bottle of Bushmills on your head. It is not often that N Ireland wingers get to show their fellow wingers some good old Irish hospitality so we intend to make it a good one. Hope you can make it.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The planning for this event is at a very advanced stage and we are fortunate to have received help from the local tourist board and local traders who are looking forward to inviting Goldwing owners to their town.
Raffle Prizes and other items have been donated locally including a little gift from Bushmills Distillery for each goodie bag on inscription.

There will be a disco on the Friday night and a real good party on the Saturday night with Disco/Kareokee and live entertainment. There will be an excellent rideout on the Saturday taking you to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the North of Ireland. Full details of event can be found at http://www.gwocni.co.uk giving full directions to the venue including GPS location, details of local B&B, Hotels for those who need them and full information about the event.

Goldwingers have been very good to the N Ireland owners over the years and this invite to our party is our way of saying thankyou to all the many friends we have made over the years. We have a fantastic safe location, amazing natural scenery so all we need is you to make this happen and I can assure you that you will not be disappointed by this event as everything is looking very good for a heck of a party.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
There will be a disco on the Friday night and a real good party on the Saturday night with Disco/Kareokee and live entertainment.
Hey Littlejohn :waving: Will old age pensioners like myself be allowed to visit the disco and kareokee. :stumped: This really looks like a good w/end. :clapper:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

hey Littlejohn :waving:..will REDWING be allowed in on his HOnDA 50 ? We will be there ,would not miss REDWING dancing with the zimmer frame ...:cheeky1:cheers Ciaran.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Cairan we will see you on 24th somewhere either in Donegal or Lifford. We have put this in as a rideout for our members but as some are coming from top of County Down we may have to meet Lifford as Donegal Town might be a bit long for the Co Down Riders. Will confirm next week.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi John .:waving:.will you tell your members in Co Down ,,that some of us are travelling up from Wexford and Carlow ,,The wing is a long distance tourer ,,,:D:D:D:D:D:D So a short journey from Down to Donegal wont do them a bit of harm ,,and I promise I will be on my best behaviour :grinner::grinner::grinner:cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Cairan we will see you on 24th somewhere either in Donegal or Lifford. We have put this in as a rideout for our members but as some are coming from top of County Down we may have to meet Lifford as Donegal Town might be a bit long for the Co Down Riders. Will confirm next week.
Hey Littlejohn :waving: Are the guys from Co.Down coming on there Honda 50's:crying:it's not far from Down to Donegal Town. If i can't get the loan of this lady :18red:from the neighbour, :stumped: i will be there on my Honda 50. :clapper:

:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

For the info of any members coming over to this event there will be a sit down meal on both the Friday & Saturday evening for those who want it. There will also be a caterer on site to provide a good breakfast in the morning. This means you you can leave your cooking gear at home if you wish and leave more room for raffle prizes, bottles of bushmills etc on the way home.

Above you will find some of the sights on the proposed Saturday rideout.How many of youwill be brave enough to cross the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge??

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:

For the info of any members coming over to this event there will be a sit down meal on both the Friday & Saturday evening for those who want it. There will also be a caterer on site to provide a good breakfast in the morning. This means you you can leave your cooking gear at home if you wish and leave more room for raffle prizes, bottles of bushmills etc on the way home.

Above you will find some of the sights on the proposed Saturday rideout.  How many of you will be brave enough to cross the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge??
I've been on the Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge before, but I am unsure as to where the left picture was taken?

Someday I do hope to be able to join you's for a lovely ride through the Irish Countryside.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

The left picture is of the 'Mussenden Temple' which overlooks the Downhill beach between Limavady and Coleraine on the coastal route. Great view and some lovely scenery in this area. Beach is pure golden sand almost 5 miles long between Downhill & Benone.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
The left picture is of the 'Mussenden Temple' which overlooks the Downhill beach between Limavady and Coleraine on the coastal route.  Great view and some lovely scenery in this area.  Beach is pure golden sand almost 5 miles long between Downhill & Benone.
Thank you for the reply. Now I know.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

For those with GPS use Bells Hill, Limavady or Church Street, Limavady as a ref.

Co-ordinates are N55 03. 196 W6 56. 133

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
For those with GPS use Bells Hill, Limavady or Church Street, Limavady as a ref.

Co-ordinates are N55 03. 196 W6 56. 133
Tha's a nice touch John, well done for thinking of it. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

I would suggest that anyone coming along should visit our website at www.gwocni.co.uk where if they go to the bottom of the front page they will find a link marked 'directions'. This will give you directions to the site with the GPS at the bottom. Limavady has had a new BY-pass built within the last 12 months which confuses the GPS as it is not on it yet. As long as you can get to the Coleraine end of this by-pass at the point where it startsand take the Rathmore Junction into town you will be 50 yds from the site. This junction is marked with a large green direction sign with Rathmore Jnt at the botom. There will be the usual yellow direction arrows at this point to make sure no-one misses it.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Paul ithas been agreed that a member on a Goldwing can bring a non-wing rider along but to keep this a Goldwing event the rule will be very similar to the GWEF run events. Non-wings will have a seperate hard stand provided within the security area of the site as long as Goldwing members don'tbring their entirelocalHarley club with them.
:D
I would suggest you go to our site where you will find details of a very good ferry price for the trip over. The operator listed can also arrange discount for other routes if needed so give them a call. This is the guy who used to be in charge of the NW200 races so he is very biker friendly.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Putting the GPS co-ord is a great idea. We should all do this when posting event info here, when ever possible of course.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

hi all

me and the other half are planning on coming up for the big party but we dont plan on doing the camping thing, is there a b&b close to the venue cos we dont know the area ,thanks in advance:cheeky1:. Eric

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.