Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
I have just thought of a great event for the Birthday Bash. I am getting onto our local boxing club tomorrow to hire their ring and you two can sort this out using Queensbury Rules while the rest of us get pissed and entertained. Hey this might just work out OK.

:cheeky1::clapper::dude:

:whip::weightlifter::skipping::weightlifter::skipping::weightlifter::skipping::weightlifter::skipping::weightlifter::whip:

Hey Littlejohn sounds like fun - especially the pissed and entertained bit....

BB

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

can i come too( i will bring me own elephant so i can get meself home):cheeky1::clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey midwing :waving: Of course you can come, :clapper:forget about the elephant some one will bring you home. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
imported post

Honda UK have confirmed that they are donating 5 x Goldwing Polo Shirts and 5 x Goldwing Jackets. They are hoping to have them printed up as 30th Anniversary ones if they can get it done in time. We hope to either raffle or auction these at the event. There will be a host of other good raffle prizes at this event. You will also have the chance to tossa coin ( £1 or euro accepted) for a large bottle of Bushmills Whiskey.

:waving::clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Honda UK have confirmed that they are donating 5 x Goldwing Polo Shirts and 5 x Goldwing Jackets. You will also have the chance to toss £1 coin for a large bottle of Bushmills Whiskey.
Hey Littlejohn :waving:We dont have any £1 coins out on the Island. :stumped:The only kind of coins we have here are euro coins. :clapper: I thought you were going to tell us that Honda UK were donating 5 :18red:Will there be any of the UK dealers there ? :jumper:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
imported post

No UK dealers but there will be a few local ones who supply helmets, boots, gloves, jackets etc. HGB, Aire Valley Ins, Adelaide Ins and a number of other local companies have donated raffle prizes. The prizes are good including a £150 helmet and I believe the Goldwing jackets supplied by Honda are not exactly cheap.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

That looks good. :clapper:If i cant get the loan of my neighbours :18red:will i be allowed entry on my Honda 50. :stumped:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
imported post

Those who are travelling to the Birthday party will be pleased to know that due to some very generous donations by many various people, we now have somewhere in the region of £1000 worth of goodies for you to win in our raffle. The support and generosity from some people, including Honda UK and local traders has been absolutely amazing. A lot of raffle winners will be going home very happy. If you want in the raffle please come and support our party. You will not be disappointed. :D

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
imported post

Anyone travelling on the Friday if they tune into Radio Ulster from 1:00pm until 4:00pm there will be a local radio show being broadcasted from the Goldwing Party site featuring local Country Star Hugo Duncan.
Local television station Channel 9 will be on site on the Saturday morning whilst the Mayor is judging the bikes prior to the rideout at 10am.

Would members try and bring some Sterling with them if possible. Euros will be accepted but Sterling is preferred by staff behind the bar.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
imported post

:sozzled: A local company are holding a raffle for an R1 superbike worth £9000. There is only a few hundred tickets printed for this raffle and they are quite expensive. Our club has been givena number of these tickets as prizes in our event raffle with the winners at our event having a 400/1 chance of winning the superbike. Yet another cracker prize for our raffle. If you want to be in with a chance pleae try and come along to our event. It is looking like a cracker weekend.

:leprechaun::sozzled:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Would members try and bring some Sterling with them if possible. Euros will be accepted but Sterling is preferred by staff behind the bar.
Hey Littlejohn :weightlifter:Will members need to bring their passport :stumped:to gain entry to the site. :crying:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Littlejohn :weightlifter:This is really shaping up to be a great event. :clapper:It will probably be like a Treffen or even better. :jumper:I hope the weather is good and that everyone has a ball. :skipping:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
imported post

Welcome back Redwing. We all thought you had fallen off the planet. No doubt you were off somewhere exotic.

Can't see our event being anything like a Treffen numbers wise, although we have had enough free stuff given to us by sponsors to make it one. Coca Cola have given us a heck of a lot of free coke, power aid and mineral water to giveyou on arrival. The level of generosity from sponsers has reallyexceeded our expectations. I think that stretch of water and the fact that it is something new is keeping owners from the mainland away. Don't think there is much more to be done now except wait and see who turns up but if the weather is kind to us it lookslike being a good weekend. On theup side, if not many turn up then you will have more chance of winning in the raffle. I had several emails from people wanting to send money for raffle tickets. I don't think so - if you ain't there you ain't in the raffle? ;)

In respect of the Irish Treffen I have found that if you get the media involved like local Television & Radio, sponsers will throw stuff at you for the publicity. It worked for us and might be worth considering.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Welcome back Redwing. We all thought you had fallen off the planet. No doubt you were off somewhere exotic.

Can't see our event being anything like a Treffen numbers wise, although we have had enough free stuff given to us by sponsors to make it one. Coca Cola have given us a heck of a lot of free coke, power aid and mineral water to giveyou on arrival...
Better hide that from the kids! :pIs there a chance that we will see Redwing there, with his Honda 50 disguised as a Wing? :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
Littlejohn wrote:
Is there a chance that we will see Redwing there, with his Honda 50 disguised as a Wing? :waving:
Hey Littlejohn & wingnut :byebye:As of now i hope to be there, but it all depends on this neighbour of mine. :doh: He might want to go himself, if so that leaves me with my Honda 50 :crying:and im quite sure that i wont be allowed to enter the site with that. :realshocked:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
imported post

Redwing any bike accompanying a Goldwing will be admitted. There is also a prize being given for the best non-goldwing on site so get polishing your Honda 50. I think I have bagged the prize for the shortest distance travelled (150yds). :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

:leprechaun:Littlejohn wrote:
Redwing any bike accompanying a Goldwing will be admitted. There is also a prize being given for the best non-goldwing on site so get polishing your Honda 50.
Hey Littlejohn :waving: Thank you for that information. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing ....what about shep?you cannot leave him at home ..Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hey Redwing ....what about shep?you cannot leave him at home ..Ciaran
Hey wexman :weightlifter: No fear of leaving good old Shep behind. :clapper: If i get the neighbours :18red:Old shep can travel in the trunk. :byebye:

:doh::18red::doh:

41 - 60 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.