Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just out for a liesurely ride. That's how it started. I thought it was time for a late lunch around 2:00. I was in some fairly thick traffic. I was approaching the left turn lane on a 4 lane road. Approximately 2 or 3 car lengths down was an entrance on the right to a strip mall. As I entered the left turn lane, a car saw an opening in the traffic that was stopped in the other 2 lanes going the same way as me. Since the light was red, there was no traffic coming the other way. This was the time he decided to come flying out to make a left turn out of the strip mall. I saw the bumper at my knee about 6 inches from the bike and then the next thing I remember was laying face down and wondering why I was here lying on this ashphalt with my gloves and helmet on. I guess I tried to get up because someone put their hand on my back and told me to lay still, the paramedics were on their way. They were great. They asked permission to remove my helmet and even did it while I was lying face down. Then they put me on a back board and put the neck support on and loaded me in the ambulance for my first and hopefully last ambulance ride. The driver who hit me fled the scene of the acicident, however, I foiled him by ripping the license plate off his car with my bike when he hit me. Police had him in custody by the time I arrived at the hospital. I hope they hang the *******. Luckily for me after all the x-rays and poking and prodding, I was just bruised, banged and had a bit of road rash and after a couple of hours was out.
I haven't seen the bike yet. I have to go in the morning and make arrangements with the towing company to have it taken somewhere for a repair estimate. I'm pretty sure the right saddlebag is toast, since one of the cops handed the contents of it to the paramedics in a bag.
The unnerving part is not being able to remember the actual impact or anything until I was face down on the road. The cop told the paramedics that he was talking to me and I was fully aware of what had happened, but at some point I guess I blocked it out. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to remember or not. I've got enough pain right now to know that it really happened. (also enough pain to keep me from sleeping):(

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Glad your ok. Hope you'll be back on 2 wheels soon. Take care & God bless.

JT

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Wow Bob, glad your reasonably ok. The bike can be fixed or replaced you just take care of yourself and let us know if you need anything. Healing prayers coming your way.

Ray and Tracy:waving:

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
imported post

bummer, glad your were not hurt worse, hard to belief the other driver thought he could get away with it, with all the witnesses around that jackass, hope they hang him too, praying for a speedy recovery

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'd like to toss some healing prayers your way too...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

glad your ok everything else can be fixed. please let us know what happens to the driver, hangin too good for the *******:X good luck hope you get better and your bike back soon

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Wow...Glad they got the guy. Glad to hear no serious injuries. Heal-up fast. JR

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Glad your ok Bob... I hope you heal quick and they hang that bastade that hit you...

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

prayers out for a quick healing and that the soreness will subside quickly.

Glad they caught the person.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Sure am happy that you are doing reasonably well, Bob, although it's a real bummer to hear that you went down! :(

Hopefully your bike will be repairable, or at least get a fair and just settlement for it. It amazes me that people think that they can flee the scene and not get caught. :X:whip:

I know when I had my accident 35 years ago, that I remember events leading up to the accident, but not remembering the actual impact, just waking up in hospital. More than likely you had a concussion.

Hopethis thoughtless, careless a$$hole responsible for this cowardly act is punished to the full extent of the law and held financially responsible for the damage to your bike. :cussing::2finger:

Recover well and fast. Ken

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Man! It's getting crazy out there! Glad to hear you are OK and I hope your bike isn't too bad. Glad they caught the guy, but he probably dosen't have insurance as that seems to be the case for most people who don't stop after an accident.

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
imported post

This is not the kind of news I wanted to read this morning. I'm glad you weren'ttoo badly hurt but it sucks anyway. The bike can be fixed.

I'm under the impression that most people can't remember much about the event when therehas been a concussion.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about that Bob. At least you're ok.

You gotta watch out for those idiots, because they're all out to get us.

As for the sum of a beech that hit you, I hope his legs grow together!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

Warm and fuzzy thoughts comin at ya from the west !!

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Wasnt ready to hear that this morning, second accident I have read about (that I've seen) :(but at least both members are going to be ok.............. :action:

Sorry about your bike, get well soon

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

Glad you're okay. Hope you don't have to wait long to get your bike back.

I bet the weather is just getting good where you are. Take care.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.