imported post

[align=center]
It ain't no Goldwing, but I want one
[/align]

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

I guess that is the marvel of humans: I am not attracted to it in any way while others are. I will bet it is great fun in the twisties though.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I have a 2004 Concours. Would love to figure out how to get this 2009

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

I had a concours back in 1988 and was less than thrilled. It's a nice looking bike though. The seat doesn't look like something I would like, and one "feature" I can live without is the transponder key setup. Rumor has it, it runs upwards of $250.00 to get a spare key made and if you happen to lose your key it's a $1500.00 mistake. Rumors from the other GL1800 forum from a reputable poster there. It's not like a car where you program your own keys, dealer only and they'le rack you big time.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Where's the backrest & hi-way pegs? :stumped:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

The PO of my bike moved to a Concours and swears he is now a Kawi guy. To each his own I guess but I think I'll be Wingin it 'til I can't do it anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

You can get tip over bars with hiway pegs on the for these bikes. Not sure about the 1400 but I would guess that a back rest could be found too. One thing the parts for the Concours are a lot higher than wings. I was looking at a set of air wings for the side of the fairing. $89 for the Concours $38 for the Goldwing I used the ones for the Goldwing on my Concours and they fit perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Would need to be at least 20 years old before I would consider it.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

maplewingnut wrote:
Would need to be at least 20 years old before I would consider it.
I am also a member of the Concours owners site. Several members there well over 50. With a set iof bar risers installed the bikes are very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
With a set iof bar risers installed the bikes are very comfortable.
But are they cheap??

What I find most appealing about a 20+ year old bike is the fact that I might actually be able to afford it.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Just a personal thing I guess but no way for me

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

Yeah it looks fast but my knee dragging days are long gone. Maybe if I was 20 years younger....but then again it says Kawasaki on it. Couldn't put that in my garage.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
imported post

Looks okay for a sport tourer. I would still go BMW myself but Kaw makes a good bike.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Even in the crotch rocket super sport bike arena, that touring bike is a de-tuned ZX14, Hybusa class. They are the fastest of the fastest production sport bikes (160-180 mph, <10s 1/4 mile).

Hybusa out sells Kaws 10:1, but Hybusa's do not have saddle bags. Hard to believe that Kawasaki declared a touring bike by adding saddle back and changing the chain to shaft.

If I were two get one of those bike (exclude Concourse 14), I would run it at the drag strip for two months to get my jollies and rocks off, and then sell it. Too powerful, fast, and dangerous. I have been looking at them on the showroomfor the past two months.

Seriously, that is why I initially bought a Goldwing in fear that my riding style would allow me have too much fun. Speed limit is 55mph, well 70mph nowadays, but who pays attention.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

A good friend has an '08 with the Corbin trunk. He likes it fine, except he only gets 4k miles from a set of tires for some reason (he doesn't ride like a freak, either). We did a little 1,500 miler together last summer, and he was able to keep up with the 1200 Aspy okay. :D

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

Do not deny this machine it's due credit. I traded my 06 Concours for my 08 wing.It is not a Goldwing I will grant you that. It is a very capable sport touring bike with acceleration to suit most people and is very nimble on winding roads. It has a bullet proof engine and a long cruising range. (1000CC had 7 1/2 gallon tank) I have not driven the 1400 as pictured. The wife and I have done 400+ mile days with no problems. All in all a great bike and when I bought it in 06 it was $8500.00 complete.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

wilkoi knows what I am talking about. The 06 that he had was what I think was one of the nicest looking Concours ever. I looked for a 06 for a long time and came across a 04 that had less than 10,000 miles. The Concours for those that didn't know only came in 1 color. The 06 was a very sharp Navy blue. My 04 is a super dark blue. It accually looks black until it is in the bright sunshine. After looking at the new 1400 I am convenced that I would like to get a red one. Price has changed a little in the model change from the 1000 to the 1400. As mentioned above the last 1000 models were around 8500. Now the 1400 is 13,500 non abs.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Clickies of"Connie", my friend's C14:

I don't know what the color is called, but I rode it - and it's plenty quick !! I don't think I could hack the riding position for a 4-500 mile day, though. Very nice bike, but I'll stick with the 'Wings for the long haul. :)

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

I ride to tour, if you'll going at blinding speed why tour
just go to the track, course I would enjoy this bike no doubt I would head to the dragon next day, I own an older
Concours and it's faster than my old Wing and I have chased
CBR600's through the dragon and it's more fun than a barrel
of monkeys I must admit, also if you have a bad back the
lean forward position is supposely less stressfull than
setting straight up, this is true for me, I've road my Connie many miles in a day,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.