Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here on mexico, in my city it is pretty hard to find a decent oil that is meant for 4 stroke motorcycles. i've used castrol gp. and castrol gtx(car oil) on my 1200. and the local stealers are selling yamalube and honda sells cepsa. its time for my oil change and i dont have any complain about the castrol gtx but i want something better that takes all the noises away. a friend of mine just recommended me roux extreme. http://www.rouxlub.com/senglish/empresa.htm he said this 250cc bike runs rly smooth even when accelerating at low speeds at higher gears and his clutch was slipping and with this new oil it quited sliping. i havent heard anything about that oil. the label says API SG and ACEA A2 SAE 15w50

i would like to know what ya think about the cepsa mineral vs syntetic

thanks

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

William, first of all let me say that I'm certainly no expert in this matter. A very good friend of mine's son-in-law is the head mechanic for a NHRA drag bike team, and he has extensive motorcycle experience. He rode my bike, and advised me to use Mobil 1 15w50 full synthetic. I changed the oil a couple of weeks ago and I was amazed at the difference. The motor runs much quiter, but the biggest difference has been in shifting of gears.. Prior to the change, shifting was almost painful to the ears..now it is much quieter.. He told me that when they changed to this oil in their racing bikes, they immediately noticed a 9% gain in horsepower on the dyno. I couldn't tell you if my bike has more horsepower, but I can tell you that it runs much quieter and shifts much more smoothly..

For what it's worth,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

Diesel oils should be available to you William.

Look around and see what you can come up with there. Up here, Chevron's Delo 400 is in every auto parts store and Walmarts too.

I run Delo 400 in my bike. That was the best combination of good clutch action and quiet transmission for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.