Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Magic Moderator
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know most of my laptops have either no battery or a dead battery. A few days ago the area got a short blackout and everything lost power. I thought to myself well now that computer is messed up, the Linux came back like nothing happened and working fine. There is an OEM Dell battery on the way. :smile2:

·
Administrator
57,421 Posts
that way old ASUS that I mentioned is like the new one that refuses to let 18.3 Cinnamom load?

well, the battery on it is toast. I ordered up a new one, at just shy of $60 bux

it came in a few days ago, I put it on charge overnight, and the started up the laptop.

everything was just like when it was first installed. hmmm ?

so, I installed a fresh copy of 18.3 Cinnamon and it is now my primary backup, and will go to Galena with me... I never take extended trips with only 1 laptop, got bit hard on that twice.

·
Magic Moderator
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the Dell OEM battery from a seller on Ebay for $24.99, My Toshiba that runs Cinnamon has a good battery but the Toshiba that runs the cross stitch program has a dead one. My two main ones are the Dell with Windows7/Peppermint9 and the Toshiba with Cinnamon.
One laptop has been decommissioned and up for grabs. That leaves me with a total of 4: 2 Toshiba, 1 Dell E6410 and the Apple G4 PowerBook.

·
Magic Moderator
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery arrived and it is installed and charging. It's an OEM Dell battery for the same price or less then the knock-offs from China on Ebay.
I also received the hard drive case for the hard drive with 19.1Xfce on it and can use it on any laptop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts