Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not sure if this is the place for this topic, if not, please let me know where to put it.(be nice). For the last couple of weeks I have not been getting email notification on watched topics. At the bottom of the topics I am watching is the button that says "Unwatch this topic" Email in my profile is correct, is there a check box someplace I have inadvertently checked or unchecked??I am not sure, but it seems to be about the same time I was moved to Guru-dum orin my caseGuru-dumb ?:action:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I had a look at your account and you don't have any ticked boxes on either watched forums or watched topics, so you will have to tick the ones you want again to get the notifications by e-mail. Could well be down to the guru thing but I'm not sure as no-one else has mentioned this so far. Log in again and tick the boxes you need again and if there is a problem get in touch with me.
Better to e-mail me via the forums e-mail address at [email protected]or send mea PM (I get notifications of these) if there is a problem. I only check in on the forum about once a week (unless I'm watching a topic myself) and it's a fair bet that I will miss messages like this for a while.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

My settings weren't changed by the guru tag, but these things can happen. Sounds easy enough to reset the preferences. I had a look at the WOW site and apparently there is a new update (1.62) available free that has some cool updates. The database will store it's own cookies for users, so this will mean users can access the forum from any PC and the topics etc that you have read, haven't read etc will be remembered. Other improvements as well. I suppose Steve is using the head and making sure it all works smoothly on the WOW site before doing the update here.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you Steve. Oddly enough I got an email notification about this one. I checked my preferences and all were checked that I wanted. I unchecked and rechecked all choices and saved again. Sometimes, you just have to do it again, hey it happens. Thanks again Steve and Jason. Reminds me of an old adage.

To Error is Human

But it takes a computer to really screw things up :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

When I first used the forum here I forgot to click "save" changes. Took me a few goes to get it right, but then again I'm just a dumbo. :gunhead:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey this has'nt affacted my pc sinc my promation to the Dizzy Hights of Very Active Member. :baffled: But im just a dumbo like Budegan. :crying:Theese thangs only happen to a "Guru" caus u boys hav al thee answars, thee spaling cheque is a grate thang. :grinner:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Mine are okay as well. It its only affecting a few members then its more likely a cookie thing. Forums rely on cookies to activate user preferences, flushing your cookies will most likely reset things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.