Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The first 2 pictures in my photobucket is what I picked up today off of Craiglist,

my next project to play with..........not sure if I'll ever use it :?:?,

but I have one just in case.:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
imported post

Is that extra storage in the green box or is that just there for looks?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Get rid of the ugly green box, drop the cargo box down onto frame, install 12" wheels and extend the tongue to add a cooler rack. After all that paint to match the bike and you're good to go.

:action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The big ugly green box was put on for extra storage by the PO.

It has already been removed,thats the first thing I did to it tonight, next'I'm gonna smooth the frame down for paint and then mount the cargo box andI have already checked into some 12 wheels.

Great minds think alike Bagmaster.....:D:D

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I need to see if the local Sears store still has any of those cargo boxes. Mine has a lower lid on the same base bottom so the taller lid on yours will fit my carpeted bottom. They had them on sale last fall for 99 bucks but not on display so folks would know they had them.

If you never find a use for it your wife will the first time you go on a Saturday or Sunday ride and she sees a bunch of yard sales going on. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::shock::shock::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

She already said when we go to Gatlinburg in a couple of weeks, that she bets she could feel it up shopping down there. I told her it would'nt be done in time,lol
I may have made a mistake buying it............O by the way I picked it up counting my fuel and all for about 200 bucks.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

why cant i find any deals like that ?

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

A couple of picture added on photobucket,what I have done so far on my little project.

Added 12 inch wheels, cooler (no rack yet) and extended the tongue 10 inches,just snapped a couple of picture to see what it looks like,alot better than when I brought it home yesterday.

What do you guys think so far? Better?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Here ya go.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Starting to shape up pretty good! Just make sure that the cooler rack is forward enough to allow you to open the front cargo box latch when the cooler is mounted.

Here's a pic of the trailer stand on my tongue my brother fabbed for me, easy to do if you can weld.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Pretty neat stand, I'll have to come up with something,

weld yes, I used to weld 48 hours a week:dude::dude:

Was thinking I had an stand off of an old popup camper laying around here somewhere.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well, I just had to do it.

I went by the local Sears store to see if they still had those Cargo boxes for sale for 99 bucks. They had 4 of them last September when i first checked with them and they still had all 4 of them, still for sale for 99 bucks!! So, I bought one.

I was on the bike on my way to a PGR mission so I'll go back in the morning with the truck to get it. Can't wait to switch the lids out! It'll almost double my capacity. When I get the lids switched then I'll have an extra box to make another trailer with.

Still have to design and make the removable gas grill rack for the back of the trailer. Got all the materials, just need a day when my brother isn't working so he can do the welding for me.

Hey, I bought 10 PowerBall tickets, if I win then I just might have to go to Colo for the rally!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

And here I was telling the Wife,some of the cargo tops are alot shorter and would be better.....
I don't see how I could ever fill that much space up....

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

i thought i was the only one that puts carpet under my bikes..:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Ahh yes the red carpet,I've have heard it from my buddies, ohh his bikes sit on the red carpet ohh ohh.

But the rugs were givin to me and just happen to be red,would've worked if they were green or black,but I guess the guys gotta have something or someone to pick on.

But yes my Babies sit on carpet,keeps the moisture from the concrete getting to them.;)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

well, i picked up the new cargo box this afternoon and have already switched out the lids while still using the carpeted bottom of the old one. The new lid is a tad bigger around the lip so the old lid won't fit the newer bottom. At least now my top and bottom are color matched. It cam with a black bottom and a grey top whereas the old bottom is the same shade of gray.

Old top removed

New top ready for the foam seal install

New top installed, adjusted and carpet vacuumed.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

The new toplooks great,did you put the carpet in yourself,I like that.

Now your just gonna have to plan a road trip just to see how much more stuff you can get in there.:D

O by the way, I do think it's time to put a little paint on that tool box in the back of your truck!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

kyboy67 wrote:
The new toplooks great,did you put the carpet in yourself,I like that.

Now your just gonna have to plan a road trip just to see how much more stuff you can get in there.:D

O by the way, I do think it's time to put a little paint on that tool box in the back of your truck!:cheeky1::cheeky1:
I paid 60 bucks total cost to have that carpet installed by a car restorer shop. Already re-loaded all the camping gear and still have room now for clothes bags, spare coats or jackets and room for my chaps when it gets too hot to wear them.

The son knows a pack of sandpaper is in his future.

BTY, in case you ask, those are led light sticks with a flex tubing base my brother gave me that came from Bass Pro Shops. He got him some new ones at the Bass Pro Shop in Alabama on our way back from a Texas road trip back in April.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.