Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i bought an 82 naked goldwing this week. not sure what type it is. is it an aspencade, interstate? please help me so if i ever need to get a certain part i can have the right info. i attached a picture to maybe help out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

I
f it came stock as shown it is a "Standard " Look on the steering neck , left side . It should show the year followed with an ' I " or " A " for interstate or Aspencade .

BTW Welcome and Hello :waving:

·
Administrator
26,157 Posts
imported post

It could have once been an interstate or aspencade but it is now a standard and that is what you will want parts for. you can look at the vin tag on the left side of the steering stem to find what it actually is. If there is an "A" after the GL1100 it was an aspy, an"I" it was an interstate and no letter after 1100 it is a standard.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

awesome! thanks guys. i will look at it this weekend. but if i want to get the fairings and things where would you recomend? i have a vetter fairing from my 82 suzuki gs 850 but ordered a used fairing bracket from a honda goldwing for a vetter fairingfrom a guy on ebay for it. hope it will fit!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
imported post

Hey Elevatorman, good luck working on your Wing. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it for the most part, but you will definitely be having your ups and downs! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

CBH wrote:
Hey Elevatorman, good luck working on your Wing. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it for the most part, but you will definitely be having your ups and downs! :ROFL:
Are you suggesting his wingmaybe sleepya few times!!!

Wilf

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome elevatorman71[/align]

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

I'd say it was an interstate based on the pegs and aftermarket headlight on it now..but as said above the ID plate will tell you for sure.

If you want to go back to Interstate style..you'll need a fairing weight, a fairing, a fairing mounting bracket, fairing lowers, on the rear the bag and trunk brackets and bags and trunk. Depending on the bags and fairing they may have the lights included or you may have to buy them separately. Also crash bars are missing. None of it is available new and if it was in would be into the thousands of dollars.

If you really want all this stuff..PM me..I have access to it all cost around $500..plus shipping and you'd want to repaint as the colors will not be the same as the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

It has the correct horns for a standard and the headlight is correct and also the Honda sign under the headlight is there to hide the brake lines going from one to two . But then again so does my 82 interstate that's be made in to a standard

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

I have a friend in GRWA who has a GL1100 standard and it sure looks similar.

By the way, Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

If you purchased a Vetter bracket for an 1100 Wing ,your vetter should mount ok . The Vetter fairing did not use the weight mounted to replace the headlamp as the Honda fairing .

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

elevatorman71 wrote:
awesome! thanks guys. i will look at it this weekend. but if i want to get the fairings and things where would you recomend? i have a vetter fairing from my 82 suzuki gs 850 but ordered a used fairing bracket from a honda goldwing for a vetter fairingfrom a guy on ebay for it. hope it will fit!
Personally, I'd leave it the way it is. It's a sharp looking buck-naked wing and you'll run into a lot of $$ trying to get it in Interstate trim. This might be a good opprotunity to put a custom spin on things andplay with some "non-honda" after market parts to make it more one of a kind. Just one mans opinion.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

smc any thoughts on where to look? im thinking your right. funny thing is i only paid 800 for it!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

tried to fit the the fairing up to the mounting bracket. didnt fit but i guess its because it makes a difference that the fairing is a windjammer. the brackets were to wide for the windjammer.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

My Vetter was a Windjammer, I thought all were, but i must be wrong. It's been a long time, but i loved the Vetter. I had it on my 650 Kaw, with the lowers.
Jim

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

Check out jcwhitney.com They have a lot of stuff for older wings.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.