Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GL1500A with less than 50,000 on it, that was given to me by my dad a couple years ago, since he can’t ride anymore. Long story short I almost threw it off a cliff down in Southern Arizona. All damage was plastic. After it spending a month in a buddy’s garage, I was given the idea to take it down to the frame and essentially chop it down to the bare minimum. Took it completely apart. Removed everything. Pushed the handle bars forward so they sit higher up. Its running again and I am currently waiting on lights and mirrors from amazon. Once it’s legal again I want to change out the pipes and get rid of the air ride suspension. Any tips?

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
Welcome to the forum family. Progressive Suspension has rear shock sets that replace the one air shock and spring shock with a pair of spring shocks .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum family. Progressive Suspension has rear shock sets that replace the one air shock and spring shock with a pair of spring shocks .
[/
Awesome! Thanks!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,729 Posts
Changing the Exhaust System will NOT improve Performance.
It can change the tone of the exhaust, but that is about all it will do.

Unless you spend a lot of money on retuning the fuel/air system, it is a hopeless cause.

Only one 1500 has been converted to EFI that I am aware of, that person stated the results are still not satisfactory... it runs, but it is not near as smooth as the OEM setup.

I have seen a very few 1500s that have been Turbocharged, and set up for the drag strips.
all plastics gone, new side panels made.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,729 Posts
EFI setups

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Wow, that is a great looking conversion. There are several exhaust systems available. I thought I wanted to do something with my 2000SE once, but when I just removed the silencers from the exhaust tips, I realized that instead of a rumble or growl, I got a high pitched tone or note that I realized quickly that I wasn't going to want to listen to for hours at a time. It's fine and fun around town, but that steady drone in my ears out on the road just got annoying. I guess I'm getting old or something.

Exactly what kind of riding do you with this converted Wing? Couldn't help but notice the high front fender and knobby tires. What does it weigh without the plastic?
Be blessed, DT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts