1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1,566 Posts
And of course the cager said "I didn't see him coming."
Hope the rider is okay.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
That is the standard accident. I bought a parts CBR from a guy that had that exact same accident and of course the young female driver said " I didn't see you!". He was still walking with a limp six months later, he'll of a dent in the tank from his pubis.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
The rider probably couldn't turn his bike cuz he was running a car tire and we all know those won't go around a corner very fast.

Dangerous, those car tires are. Always causing accidents like this above. Then they want to blame it on a the car driver and cell phones.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
The rider probably couldn't turn his bike cuz he was running a car tire and we all know those won't go around a corner very fast.

Dangerous, those car tires are. Always causing accidents like this above. Then they want to blame it on a the car driver and cell phones.
Isn't that a 1200? Too old for a car tire. :raspberry:

(love my CT)

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Of course, we are assuming it was the cager's fault. Ever seen a rider charge through a stop sign? I have way too many times.
I concede, probably the cager's fault, but let's be fair- I drive a lot, too.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
This is Oz. The driver is on the right side of the car. I hope everyone got away from that one relatively OK.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Amazing that some could take another's misfortune and turn it into something to joke about.

I just hope everyone made it out of that one.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,325 Posts
That doesn't look like the kind of crash that folks from either vehicle walk away from. The bike had to be moving right along.
Oh, and no, it's not a car tire. Metzler would be my guess, and fairly new.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Isn't that a 1200? Too old for a car tire. :raspberry:

(love my CT)

Ya and too round to be a car tire - this looks like it had a very bad outcome whatever tire he used..
Sad situation for both the drivers as well as the guys cracking jokes about it.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Sorry, but I don't buy it. The way the rear door is folded and the way the top is wrinkled doesn't match the bike. Not to mention that they stayed interlocked while drug onto the wrecker and there are no plates on either vehicle.

John

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,325 Posts
Sorry, but I don't buy it. The way the rear door is folded and the way the top is wrinkled doesn't match the bike. Not to mention that they stayed interlocked while drug onto the wrecker and there are no plates on either vehicle.

John
Good points, all. I noticed the plate thing but wondered if that was something they do down under.
Nothing would surprise me with computer photo manipulation what it is.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Regardless - that bike was traveling at one hell of a clip to go so deep into that four door with a side pillar. Responsibility = 50/50 imho.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Ulster said "saw this while on holiday..."

Which leads me to believe Ulster took the picture. All the pixels look native (i.e. no photoshop addons).

The new shape of the car looks congruous with an impact from a 1200 GoldWing traveling at normal highway speed (55mph) I used to be a tow truck operator and have seen a few of these in person.

Unless the emergency personal would have absolutely had to extract the bike to get the occupant of the car out they would not have wasted precious time doing so. It is common in these type of accidents for the vehicles involved to be transported in situ to allow further investigation at a location more convenient than the side of the road. That looks to be an impound yard or tow lot or it could even be a police yard

I too find absolutely NOTHING humorous, and am appalled at the thought of making jokes about what is almost surely a fatal accident, especially one involving a fellow GoldWing rider.

For all we know, that's a member's bike stuffed into that car.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
No plates and no debris. This probably is not the accident site and more than likely a holding yard. When wrecks are auctioned or written off here the plates are always removed. That is a standard impact you see when someone pulls out in front of oncoming traffic over here!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not the way to park a goldwing.

No plates and no debris. This probably is not the accident site and more than likely a holding yard. When wrecks are auctioned or written off here the plates are always removed. That is a standard impact you see when someone pulls out in front of oncoming traffic over here!
The bike was in a holding yard I stopped and photographed it there while riding past

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
I know Ulster is telling the truth because my father knows him personally and he wouldn't lie about something serious like this. :thumbsup:

I've met him as well

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.