Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am relatively new at this so here goes.... We just upgraded our 1978 1000 to a 1986 Aspencade SEi. Nice bike! Anyways just got our first intercom (came with the bike) and my son who will start riding with us this summer would like to be able to talk to us while he rides his 1972 350.:D Is there a way to patch in another type/style intercom system to ours? Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Autocom provide another alternative that is very good and would give you integration with the existing Goldwing system.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

This is so cool, all the help you guys give. I really appreciate it. I will check into these and let you know what I come up with, thanks so much. Danodot :)

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Autocom provide another alternative that is very good and would give you integration with the existing Goldwing system.
Yep.
AutoCom would be the way to go.:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Just talked to Auto com, they were very helpful. They had one question I couldn't answer, "Does the 86 Aspencade SEi allow a two way radio to be hooked up to its intercom system other than the CB"? Thanks again, Danodot

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Not sure of that Danodot, as I have no knowledge of the '84's system and over here our Wings don't tend to come with any CB's.

I am fairly sure though that pretty much any Wing with the 5 pin system can be integrated with the 7pin of the Autocom system using components that they can supply.

There is no doubt that Autocom are very highly spoken of here and I shall soon be getting a full system of theirs for my 1800 to allow use of blue tooth etc. Their noise suppression system is second to none, and they are very adaptable to allow the use of various components, from GPS to cell phones to MP3 players.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

I dont want to start a new topic as it's being discussed herebutI have an autocom box under the seat of my 1991SE but I cant find the passenger 5 pin din . Could it be hidden smoewhere ? or removed?.Apparently the CB was removed ( Dont know why) but the driver 5 pin works fine .Any ideas.

E

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

midwing wrote:
I dont want to start a new topic as it's being discussed herebutI have an autocom box under the seat of my 1991SE but I cant find the passenger 5 pin din . Could it be hidden smoewhere ? or removed?.Apparently the CB was removed ( Dont know why) but the driver 5 pin works fine .Any ideas.

E
If not removed, you will likely find it tucked away under the left hand side of the seat. You would need to remove the seat to discover it as the plug in point is under there.

It is not unusual for the CB's to be removed if the bike is an import, for two reasons, one is that the frequencies for here are different to those of the States and Canada and in theory are not legal here ( although many use the US CB's) and secondly because they fetch good money in the States for the dealers.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Thanks Silverfox !!

I'll get the seat off tomorrow and have a rummage around

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.