Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My young son decided, at age 13, that he wants to play football. He would be the first...

Tonite was the first game, and he did great! It seems funny to me that, just it happened to me when I first played, he had to square off against a kid that was the size of a mountain... It seems that history repeats itself.

Anyhoo, I told him that he did great, but I wanted to share it with you all...

Thanks for the forum!

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Kewl:clapper::clapper:

I can't wait until the lil digger is old enuff to play:cool:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

how old is the lil digger? UBarW Jr. is 13. At that age, I think 175 pounds is not to bad at all. He's playing on the D-line...

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

He will be 9 in Jan and is 100lbs..I dont think there is an ounce on fat of him either....I am jealous:?

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Theres not an ounce of fat "on" me either. Its all around me!:action:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Proud moments ubarw, I know the feelings. A bit of worry and relief as well when they come off unharmed. My lad Dylanattended a karate competitiona while backat 9 years old andwas entered in the under 10's. He won the first fights against similar age and build lads, but on thelast fight he was up against this huge guy that we all knew couldn't be under 10. It turned out that he was almost 12 and his parents had put him down as 9 on the entry form (I didn't know this at the time), having no regard to what harm he might do to the younger kids. I told Dylan that I was unsure about this boy being under 10, but he decided to have a go anyway and he pointed to a trophy and told me; "that big gold one has my name on it, only this guy to beat."
Well he did beat him, someone had acamcorder and I've put some rough clips here. Dylan took a few punches, but he gave as good as he got and he timed it well, lifting the big kid off his feet twice (the second and last time pictured). I'm just out of the picture on the left, biting my nails with worry in case the giant injured my only son. It was a relief when it was all over.

Afterwards, there was an enquiry into this lads age and when it was discovered how old he really was, it caused a row. From now on everyone will have to bring proof of age (ie their karate ID) to competitions.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Looks like the wingnut and ubarw's boys had a "David v Goliath battle on their hands.
Well done both of them. It's nice to see the little fellows win. :fighting: :thumpingmad:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sure is sad to see parents teaching their kids to cheat.:shakehead::fighting:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Sure is sad to see parents teaching their kids to cheat.:shakehead::fighting:
Yes, surely the ref must have known that the big kid was over the age limit for that group, I mean he is almopst as tall as the ref himself! :?One things for sure, he won't want to fight in the same group as little Dylan next time round!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I think I will choose my words to Wingnut very carefully from now on!!!!

So much for my image of this gentle little Irish lad, following in his dads footsteps, tinkering with Wings and computers!:shock::shock:Handy to know that you have a "minder" if any members get out of hand eh??

Seeing how Dylan sorted out the mountainous lad, it kind of reminds me of the old saying....." the bigger they are, the harder thy fall"

Luckily I have not lost my abilities in the fight or flight situations, I can still run like Billy Wizz when danger threatens.:shock::walker::walker:

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

That little tiger sure gave the bigger boy a wake-up call! I wonder was it a kick or a punch that lifted him off the floor like that? Probably a kick as I can only see one of the little fellows feet on the mat. Either way it knocked the big fellow into his own age group. As someone else posted, its great to see the little fellow win.:thumpingmad: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
So much for my image of this gentle little Irish lad, following in his dads footsteps, tinkering with Wings and computers!:shock::shock:Handy to know that you have a "minder" if any members get out of hand eh??
The old wingnut wasn't too bad at karate either, he'd been doing it since he was a teen and I seen a couple of scumbags come away from him the worse for giving guff where Steve worked. They proably forgot the old one about not letting appearances decieve...
Fatherhood of course interrupted training I think, so it's good to see the young wingnut getting the benefit now.

I have ta say though that the American football looks dog rough, I'd think twice about letting my 13 yo sone get involved in that. :byebye:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Way to go Dillon. Knock him back to the under 12's where he belongs! :clapper:

Glad no-one got really hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Have to say I don't like kids doing these rough sports. My son did Judo for a few years and he broke his arm, a thumb and a couple of toes on different occasions and all before he was 12. :hovering:
I know it gives them confidence to stand up for themselves, but it's not easy being a parent on the sidelines when the apple of your eye is getting knocked about.:madeyes:
My other son played football and he had some teeth knocked out and cracked a collarbone.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
Have to say I don't like kids doing these rough sports. My son did Judo for a few years and he broke his arm, a thumb and a couple of toes on different occasions and all before he was 12. :hovering:
I know it gives them confidence to stand up for themselves, but it's not easy being a parent on the sidelines when the apple of your eye is getting knocked about.:madeyes:
My other son played football and he had some teeth knocked out and cracked a collarbone.
Blimey, you must have had an annual pass at the local hospital!!

Both mine were more into self inflicted wounds, gravel rash to the chest from skateboarding, smacked up face from a trip over the handlebars etc etc. spent a lot of time in casualty waiting for repairs to both of them.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Bicycles were my bane. At 13 managed a concussion and minor skull fracture, at 45 managed a broken wrist after being attacked by a cage. Lots of other things should have killed me such as a mile long ride down a steep, rocky hill in a B29 tire. That was one of those things that you know was a bad idea within seconds of launch. Demonstrates a certain lack of foresight.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Horses were my thing - or rather falling off - broken collar bones, bruised various bits, including pride ........

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I rode a horse once when a young lad, the stupid thing turned it's head around and bit me, I kicked it andgot buckedoff. I've always preferred motorcycles since then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.