Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got back from Boston, Mass. 1.265 miles in 23 hours. Sleet / Rain for 80% of the trip, but there's a nice shiny- YELLOW Ducati 996 in the garage. My oldest son recently sold his GSXR-1000, and found this one on line,(e-bay). Only 1,832 miles on the clock. It's short about 70 hp. from the Suzook, but man is it ever pretty. FOR A NON WING, THAT IS..... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Hope you told him to take it back and buy a decent bike!!!!!!!!!!!!:?:?:?:?

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

JOHNO wrote:
Hope you told him to take it back and buy a decent bike!!!!!!!!!!!!:?:?:?:?
Hey JOHNO :waving: You are right. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Aw gee guys, thanks for the support... :action: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike... should be fun!

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well, my son allowed me to do 2/3's of the driving, help in loading and un-loading, store the bike in my garage and photograph, even got to sit on it. But alas, due to my bad knees and Goldwing reflexes, haven't gotten a ride yet.

One is promised if I behave myself and get the garage cleaned up... :action: :gunhead:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Man, I'd have to cut away some of the tank before I could crouch over the bars. That bike is pretty but I'm afraid I'm past the age I could ride that! Be tough on the average HD rider too!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

You know how you slide a wee bit forward in hard stops?

Do crotch rocket riders speak in high voices?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I know my brother had to get the seat of his BMW KT1150 modified so he could stay off the tank in hard stops. With the Air Rider inside the seat of my bike inflated at the right amount, it gives me some of the effect of having a saddle horn, albeit a soft one, that keeps me in place and is gentle on my ah... person.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Shooter nice bike but ? you dont see Michael Schoemacher in a yellow ferrari ,only colour a ducati should be is RED. everybody knows red ones ar the fastest.:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
only colour a ducati should be is RED. everybody knows red ones ar the fastest.
Hey SHREK snr :waving:Your right, and the bike should be an R1. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Still trying to figure out where the stereo is, is it hiding under the hump or is that the topcase?????:?:?:?:?

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thanks guys, I'll pass along your compliments and wits of wisdom to my son. I sat on it again today, and I think that's as far as I want to get involved with any more Italians. (my wife is 100%, so no slam intended) :action: :gunhead:

The boy also asked me to relate to the forum, "Red Ducati's are as common on the road as Goldwings"

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

JOHNO wrote:
Still trying to figure out where the stereo is, is it hiding under the hump or is that the topcase?
Hey JOHNO :waving:It's hiding under the hump. :whip:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.