Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Joe in Modesto
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My wife and I have decided to take the plunge and buy a new 2005 Goldwing. This will be my first, but I have owned several other bikes over the years starting with my first Honda (a Super 90) in '66. We are shopping for the best deal in California and plan to purchase real soon. Any buying tips you guys might have for me would be apreciated.

Jomamma1

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi:waving::waving: and welcome to the forum ,,make sure you buy one with ABS on it also if you can get a bellypan fitted and CB ,,,the colour is another thing to think about ,,it is when you go to sell it you will find that the black is probably the hardest colour to sell ,,so ask plenty of questions ,Red has always been the best colour to sell ,,remember that the day you buy is the day you sell,,,the 1800 are a superb machine ,but treat it with respect ,,there is a lot more power than the older wings and you wont feel yourself hitting 100 mph so keep an eye on your speed ,,another important thing is a drivers backrest ,,the utopia type is probably the better of the 2 types because it leaves your passengers legs with plenty of room whereas the other type that bolts on to the rear grab handles make it a little bit unconfortable for the passenger ,,I am sure you will get lots of tips from here so just give it a day or two and you will have all the info you need ,,,remember there are a lot of good deals to be had ,,,so haggle haggle haggle ...btw ,,the black cherry is also a great seller. happy christmas to you :santawaving::santawaving::santawaving:.cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
G

·
imported post

Hi Jomamma1, :waving:your very welcome to the forum and visit often. :waving:When buying a NEW :18red:the two most important points are (1) ABS and (2) Colour must be RED. :clapper:These two items cannot be included later as extras:weightlifter:Then you can use your plastic friend and spend mega bucks on all the extras that you could dream of to dress her up for the ball. :leprechaun:Merry xmas to you and your wife. :santahat:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.