Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 gl1200 standard
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed all fuses got new starter solenoid new battery went threw found some wires broke fixed those then found an issue they were melted together could this be the issue.
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Electronic engineering Engineering
By the way my love is a 1984 1200 standard. I also don't know squat about electronics so if possible can you dummy it down please

·
Registered
‘91 gl1500
17 Posts
Changed all fuses got new starter solenoid new battery went threw found some wires broke fixed those then found an issue they were melted together could this be the issue. View attachment 327228 By the way my love is a 1984 1200 standard. I also don't know squat about electronics so if possible can you dummy it down please
It would certainly help if folks knew what it was doing and why you’ve done what you have done already!

·
Administrator
27,938 Posts
Those wires have nothing to do with not having power to anything other than they keep the battery charged. When you changed the solenoid was it aftermarket? If so it's wired wrong. You have to find which terminals on the solenoid have power and connect the red wires to those, the other 2 can go either way with the yellow/red & green/red wires.

·
Registered
1984 gl1200 standard
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give it a shot tomorrow lol it's been frustrating with these wings lol letting my 78 go because I can't do it anymore lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts