Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WEEK! Morning temperatures here between 24 and 27 degrees at 6:00am,here in our little corner of the Poconos, when I leave for work. What a GREAT way to spend the drive to work, only about 20 miles but what the heck I'll take every mile I can get.

Sun breaking on the horizon, blue cloudless skies and the road mostly to myself. Trees are finally giving up their color and leaves. Those downed leaves and pine cones can be alittle worrysome but still a great ride. Insulated Carharts are great but I am still looking for something to keep the fingertips warm. Really thinking about those heated handgrips.

Have a GREAT RIDE Today.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Erinpiper wrote:
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WEEK! Morning temperatures here between 24 and 27 degrees at 6:00am,here in our little corner of the Poconos, when I leave for work. What a GREAT way to spend the drive to work, only about 20 miles but what the heck I'll take every mile I can get.

Sun breaking on the horizon, blue cloudless skies and the road mostly to myself. Trees are finally giving up their color and leaves. Those downed leaves and pine cones can be alittle worrysome but still a great ride. Insulated Carharts are great but I am still looking for something to keep the fingertips warm. Really thinking about those heated handgrips.

Have a GREAT RIDE Today.
Been on the bike this week also. mornings are cold,around 30 degrees,makes you feel good.insulated pants and boots and had my grip heaters on high,now if I knew how to keep the back side of my hands warn I'll be set....leaving for florida Nov. 20.....Brrrrrr..

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
imported post

U guy`s are lucky...Here it`s been down belowe 0 Celtius already... Am driving back and fort to work in `bout 20 Farenheit by now... And still enjoying the h... out of it. With no heathed grips, nor seat...
The 1800 is a wonderfull piece of ART... And yet a piece of driving machine :)

Enjoy harvest/fall

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Don't you love the smell of that crisp fresh air in the Fall! Sounds like a GREAT ride! Hopefully you will havea few more before the white stuff flies.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I hope all you can get a few more rides in before mother nature gives some,,, ****. I wont use that four letter word on the forum.

We've had rain most of the night and all day today. They are saying maybe late tomorrow a cold front will push thru and drop us down into the low 60's in the early am.

Might be five days of that before it warms up again.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

DAMN Silverbull 20 degrees? I've got caught out a couple of nights where it was almost that cold but I was close to home. How in the world do you keep your hands from becoming ice cubes with NO GRIP HEATERS? ? What is your Secret? Plenty of folks on the forum would probable like to know.

Ride Warm and Safe.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Been getting cold here - 40s and 50s at night. It will get down to 30s and 20s later this winter. BUT 90's DURING THE DAY SO FAR!!!! :cooldevil: Will eventually be 50s and 60s. in the day - perfect for riding.

I'll be riding as long as it doesn't rain - which last year was only about 5 days. Out this way people don't know how to drive in the wet - they slip'n slide everywhere - I'd rather have a cage around me then. But 5 days I can handle - gives me time to catch up on phone calls :cheeky1:.

Anyone wants to ride out here for a winter vacation?

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Hey there "blackdog", you lucky dog, if we are lucky we MIGHT see high's in the 40 & 50's in 6 months "in the sunshine" You have our sympathies. :cool::cool::cool::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

It has been cool and raining here. I am still riding. Rode for 40 minutes in pretty hard rain coming home yesterday. Temp was about 50. Today I left 34 degrees misting a little but not to bad. Roads still very wet. Tonight on the way home mid 40's winding and pouring rain again. My rain gear needs to dry out. It is forcasted to be clear and mid 50's all weekend. I am ready!!

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Hey ghostrider, it sounds like you are sending your rain this way. we've had a beautiful week, 40 - 45 degrees & sun, rain & wind coming from the South West starting tonight till Tuesday. Thanks :cheeky1::waving: enjoy your rides.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

Well I did not send it your way on purpose. It only lasted 2 days here. Hope it leaves you just as fast. I figure your riding time is starting to get limited.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

We should be good for another month & I've not reached my quota for this season yet so ............ we just dress warmer.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
Hey there "blackdog", you lucky dog, if we are lucky we MIGHT see high's in the 40 & 50's in 6 months "in the sunshine" You have our sympathies. :cool::cool::cool::waving::waving:
LOL - thank you, thank you. I'm sorry for your plight up in the frozen north - but being from the frozen north (the snow belt of "upstate New York") I can congratulate you on your ...endurance.:shock:

You know, the weather was so important to me when I started life over at 41 - that it was a top priority when I decided on a relocation plan. If I ride 20 minutes north or south I may get into the 100s regularly in summer or eastern mountains ice frost and snow at elevation in winter.We do not own an air conditioner and the heater comes on only a little in winter at night. But here is the "averages" for my area. I think I chose wisely - what do you think??? :D Always welcome to come on down and share the road - I love to ride around and show the folks the scenery. And we have more than our share of it here. Come on down for a visit after you thaw a bit :cooldevil:.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
imported post

38 degrees this morning. But it will at least be in the 60's when I get off work. Funny . . takes me 10 minutes to get to work, but I'm sure it will take me almost an hour to get home this afternoon :dude:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.