Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that are traveling to Galena on US 20 from the East, There is a little burb ( Elizabeth ) about 13 Miles short of Galena that is a speed trap town. as you are coming into town, It goes from 55 to 40 to 30 in a very short distance. After that you will go around a declining sweeping right hand curve that is posted 25mph. The cops like to sit about 3/4 the way through the curve. I have seen a few cars pulled over on the West side of town, But I have not seen where there sit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For those of you that are traveling to Galena on US 20 from the East, There is a little burb ( Elizabeth ) about 13 Miles short of Galena that is a speed trap town. as you are coming into town, It goes from 55 to 40 to 30 in a very short distance. After that you will go around a declining sweeping right hand curve that is posted 25mph. The cops like to sit about 3/4 the way through the curve. I have seen a few cars pulled over on the West side of town, But I have not seen where there sit.
That reminds me of Boss Hogg from the Dukes of Hazard, with the remote control speed limit sign that changes 85 to 35 with the push of a button!

Joe

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
Good to know Carl!!!! Getting things ready for a great time!!!! Is it time to leave yet????

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Thanks for the info - headed that way the end of June... Will be sure to keep an eye out for that town!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts