Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Before I headed out this morning I read this under the subject of Patriot Guard (PGR):

"I love my bike, and I'm not going to give it up....but I'm gonna look for something "more in uniform" for PGR missions... like a big Valk, or even a Vulcan. Find a cheap one and paint it up good, like in a flag motif. That'd be cool........"

I hadn't gone too far when I came across this

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Offer him $6500 and dicker a little. That's not a bad price really.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

doesn't seem out of line, but $6k would be better.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I agree with 4ever... I'd start at 6k.

That is a nicely dressed standard with a Ultimate studded seat... It's a bit, dark and leathery for my taste and I'd have to paint it... but that is still a nice, low mileage bike.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

A couple of thoughts went through my mind when I saw this Valk.

1. Aren't Valks becoming collector's items? With three bikes already in the garage, it's the only way I might convince my wife that I need to buy it. It would be like an investment in a blue chip stock:cheesygrin:, :kissing:.

2. CJ and his need for something other than a ST1300 to use on Patriot Guard events. I could deliver it to him, from Southern New Hampshire to Washington state. He may have to wait until next spring before I could get across the Rockies. In the meantime I could keep the oil circulating in the Valk.:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

jl, all those are VERY good reasons to own a Valk.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

collectors item?
not mine.

7K for a 14 year old motorcycle just seems like a lot of money to me.

Granted, I built my Valkyrie out of parts from 7 different bikes, but the engine/driveline only had 950 miles on it.

Right now I have over 58,000 miles on it and it has cost me a total of $4,100.
(That includes, tires, brakes, and the paperwork.)

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

If that is a '97 model it has different wheel bearings than the rest and it is the first model year for the Valk. I think there are other differences as well including more horsepower. If it were a tourer It would be worth more in the 6K range but I think you should be able to buy one like it in the $5,500 range. Look on the VRCC classifieds to see what is for sell there. You might find something more interesting.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
imported post

Am I missing something? What's wrong with a Wing at a Patriot Guard event? More in uniform? :?

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

It doesn't matter what you ride on PGR missions. CJ is just playing with us.

Dubs

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
It doesn't matter what you ride on PGR missions.  CJ is just playing with us.

Dubs
Playing with you? Me? Little, ol'innocent me?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

You do feel a little strange, however, riding a Sports-Tourer while everyone else is on HD or Metric v-twins..... feels like you're wearing ballet slippers to a logger's convention!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

And I bet your ST gets many more looks than the "log wagons" you are riding with!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Seriously, I have never had anyone say anything about what I ride attending any PGR ride. That includes the '83 naked wing, the 1500 Vulcan or the Valkyrie. Just glad we were there to support. A great feeling to know that others appreciate what you do, and humbling to know how blessed you are.

You do like to stir the kettle once in awhile, ole friend!

Dubs

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

The price is in the ball park - but better deals can be found if you keep your eyes open and give it some time. Remember mileage on a Valkyrie is like mileage on a Wing - they aren't even broke in until 50k.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I like Valkyries a lot, almost bought one before my current Wing, but I do not think they will be in the Collectors category:?plus they made a lot of them and they are easy to find for sale.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
I like Valkyries a lot, almost bought one before my current Wing, but I do not think they will be in the Collectors category:?plus they made a lot of them and they are easy to find for sale.
Well, that blew that reason:( for adding a Valk to the stable and CJ blew my other excuse :thumbsdown: with his reply that a Kawasaki Vulcan 800 "would probably do for me ... ".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.