Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am glad everyone enjoyed the event. I would have loved to been there. Was coming earlier and trip got canceled. Talked to Scottohio on the Wednesday the week before. After talking with him and my wife I decided I was leaving and ridng out either Fridayor Sat morning. I went and bought a few things Wednesday evening and started getting things ready. Called Cedar Creek campgrounds several times and left message. NOTHING! Thursday am started calling again they finally answered. Told me they really were not equipted2handle campers with tents. But would check with wife and see if they could work me in and would call back that morning. I ask about the calls from the night before. He said hehad the meesage, but, So I waited and no return of a call. So without a reservation I did not head that way. MaybeI should have but notknowing anything about that area, and not wanting to spend $100 a night for a motel I stayed home. As for the guy at Cedar Creek Very low on my list. I will be nice about the way I post. I also heard the campground had only a few tents so I doubt he was booked. I have spoke my piece. My rant is over.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear that Ghost Rider 2. You shoulda come anyhow. Hard to not find a place for a tent and there are other campgrounds. My buddy stayed in a decent hotel across the street for 60 bucks. Should have contacted Wilton, he would have followed up for you, he and Cindy went out of their way to make everything work for everyone. You probably could have even found another solo rider to split a room with.

Customer service is basically a thing of the past. To expect it is to most likely be disappointed. Best to not expect it and be pleasantly surprised when it happens. Everyone we ran into on this trip was great. We had great luck with all at hotels, restaurants, etc. Great meals everywhere too. Great trip.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Ghostrider 2 ,we would have found somewhere for you to get the head down , After looking after us 2 years running with thise bottles of JIM Beam ,you deserve a place at the foot of the bed :)

I was looking forward to meeting you again ,but there is always next year .. I hope to see you at nassir 3 . Ciaran

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Wish I had known, Ghost........ Red and I stayed at the Blue Sky Inn @ $43 a night! It was old and on the other side of town, but it was clean, the staff were super (actually providing us with a coffee maker and their favorite brand of coffee for three mornings), and I got to plain like the place..... we'd spent so much on our earlier trip that we felt we had to economize. There were plenty of unoccupied rooms....

Wish you'd been there....... sorry about your trouble with the Campground..... hope to meet you next year......

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,517 Posts
imported post

Mardonna and I opt for the hotels that offer the breakfast bar. When you figure that eating at a restaurant can easily chew up a $20 bill, that puts the cheaper hotels up in the expensive range.

Just walking from my room to the breakfast bar is a plus for me. I don't have to look around for a cafe and wonder if it is worth the extra time and trouble.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

I had the cabin in the campground. It had a double bed below with two twins in a loft- the twins were empty the whole time. Next time let someone know- there is always room for another wing.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Wish I had known, Ghost........ Red and I stayed at the Blue Sky Inn @ $43 a night! It was old and on the other side of town, but it was clean, the staff were super (actually providing us with a coffee maker and their favorite brand of coffee for three mornings), and I got to plain like the place..... we'd spent so much on our earlier trip that we felt we had to economize. There were plenty of unoccupied rooms....

Wish you'd been there....... sorry about your trouble with the Campground..... hope to meet you next year......
I thought that was where they kept the ST's

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

The Big Dog wrote:
Cousin Jack wrote:

I thought that was where they kept the ST's

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Will the abuse never stop?

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

That's okay..... we needed someplace very, very cheap..... Already had done a 7,000 miler earlier in the year, and had bought Red a new car, too! Montrose had to be done on pocket-change, and it was! Wouldn't have missed it for the world! Talk about cheap: Red and I stayed at the "Bagdad" motel, and would slip over to the Best Western for the breakfast bar! We're usually pretty honest (honest!), and wouldn't think of doing that normally, but like I said..... we had to do Montrose on pocket change! I'll make it up to Best Western someday........!

And face it, you're just jealous of my Sweet Lil' ST!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: It's true, I am jealous. My 1100 is sitting in the garage waiting for a water pump, seal kit, and timing belts. So, I have several reasons to be jealous, I didn't have a bike or pocket change for Montrose :( Next year will be a much better year, (God willing), But I just had to get my lil dig in, I mean I've seen them say (I've never seen a passenger mounted on a bike with a shoe horn before), (when I grow up I wana be a Goldwing) and a couple others. :D

In reality, I'm glad you got to go, and made it home safely, but next year.......

If I don't see you before, I will then. :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Am I the only one who thinks that kind of looks like George Jetson's scooter?

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
Kinda sounds like it too!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Ah, jeez guys...... I'm really hurt that you don't like my bike........

so hurt that the $7000 difference in price, the 140 plus mph capability, the razor sharp steering and braking, and the 50 mpg fuel efficiency doesn't even help.........

like hell it doesn't!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Keep on riding them Water Buffaloes of yours!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

And to think I had the opertunity to take that ST for a spin and turned it down.:(

But I did sit on it. And it does have a good feeling to it. Almost as good as something back at Bryce National Park,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but thats another story :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Now as far as I heard at dinner, you dont know how that felt either :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

But I can tell, you have a GREAT IMAGINATION :D

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
Not true, I think George and Jane look really good on that :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Wait, where does Astro ride???

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:

so hurt that the $7000 difference in price, the 140 plus mph capability, the razor sharp steering and braking, and the 50 mpg fuel efficiency doesn't even help.........

like hell it doesn't!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Ah jeez, its a cute little thing! We love it, kinda like a mascot or a pet.

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Winger! Cough it up, man! What in heck did you sit on up there at Bryce National Park?

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:

No comment. ;):D:D

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
And to think I had the opertunity to take that ST for a spin and turned it down.:(

But I did sit on it. And it does have a good feeling to it. Almost as good as something back at Bryce National Park,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but thats another story :cooldevil:
C'mon Dave, you spill it your way, or I'll spill it my way :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:

Not to mention the SHOE HORN to get the passenger on between the sissy bar and the driver and the buoyancy floats (THATS WHAT YOUR LUGGAGE LOOKED LIKE ) :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:,

CJ ....give up while you are ahead :dude::dude::dude:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.