Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Now My Trip to Somewhere!

677 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Dubswing 
#1 ·
imported post

Friday morning seven bikes left Clinton, TN. Heading to Fairview, TN 20 miles West of Nashville in 26 degree weather. Of course I had my Gerbins on! We rode hwy 70 which parrellels I 40 to Nashville; only with a lot more curves. We stopped at Ozone Falls in the vecinity of Crab Orchard. A very neat place with a beautiful stream and a monster falls of about 200 feet. Next stop was the Tree House in Crossville. It is a 4 storey tree house of monstrous proportions. From the crows nest you look out over a field in which the owners have the word Jesus formed. Lunch in Mt. Juliet and we hit the interstate for the ride in to Fairview. We had 21 bikes lined up outside the rooms at the Deerfield Inn for the ride. People came from Maryland, Indiania, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentuckyand maybe a state or two I didn't catch. Next morning we headed on backroads to Fort Donaldson, a Confederate Fort with quite a history and beautiful scenery. More wonderful highways to a park in Kentucky where there was a hugh rock structure that was used to make charcoal. Across the road was a herd of bison. We stopped for lunch at a beautiful state run lodge overlooking a beautiful lake and feasted on fried chicken, ham, turkey, veggies and drop dead wonderful banana pudding. More riding thru the lakeson wonderful curving roads winding up back at our motel a little after dark.

Next morning a hearty breakfast at Denny's and we hightailed it back home on I-40.

Throughout the trip the Austone Taxi tire performed flawlessly no matter what speed and how tight the turns. We put it thru some extreme riding pushing it hard thru tight turns, high speed interstate riding; I talking 85+ MPH. I really could not tell any difference between it and a M/C tire except it was quiet and comfortable. It has made me a believer out of me. During some extreme accelerations at stop signs, lights etc. it pulled hard and easily stayed with the other bikes in the group. And this group likes to ride hard.

Pictures you ask. Of course I took pictures. Just give this computer illerate biker an opportunity to down load them and refigure out how to post.

Dubs

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

:applause::applause::thumbsup::thumbsup:Bout time you started gettin' out!!!

#3 ·
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
During some extreme accelerations at stop signs, lights etc. it pulled hard and easily stayed with the other bikes in the group.
...does that have something to do with the tire?

#4 ·
imported post

Sounds like you had a great ride and a great time.

Probably good I did not make it. Sounds like I would have been holding the group back a bit or got left behind the way I ride. LOL

#5 ·
imported post

Sounds like you road up the Trace at Land Between the Lakes. Am I correct? I've been to Fort Donaldson there on Lake Barkely. The rockstructure and bison are at LBL if I'm not mistaking between Kentucky and Barkely Lake. Spent a lot of time in that area when I lived in Clarksville Tn. stationed at Ft Campbell. I love that area down there. Used to fish out of Paris Landing and Dover Tn a lot.

Was the Lodge you had lunch at Barkely Lodge? I've fished out of there before as well. I've road just about all them roads on my bike over the years. A lot of nice riding in and around the lakes.

#6 ·
imported post

I commented on my Valk's ability to stay with the others during hard acceleration because my rear tire is taller than most other tires. It takes a little more throttle to get started with the taller tire but it pulls as good as the other bikes there. We did ride The Trace and I do believe it was the Barkley Lodge where we had that wonderful meal. It was my first time riding in that area and I purposely rode near the back of the pack so I didn't get to see road signs. I love to watch the bikes in front of me as they snake their way thru the turns. Chromo, you would have fit in perfectly with the group. Mack, our ride captain for the ride held the speeds down so everyone could enjoy the scenery. The bikes at the back could accelerate hard to catch the leaders which were riding slower to allow the bikes to stay in formation. In fact I got 42 MPG on Saturday's ride. The really hard riding was getting there and the return home. It did feel good to get out and ride some new roads and spend time with friends I haven't seen since the trip to Belaire, Michigan.

It is a ride I would like to make again. Possibly with just a couple bikes or even alone. Beautiful country, great roads to ride; with God's beauty all around. I really hated for the trip to end.

Dubs

#8 ·
imported post

Atta Boy! I don't care what you have on your back rim, you're living life the right way!

#9 ·
imported post

CJ and Red,

If I am blessed to have a NASSIR in my "hood I expect you two be attend so we can ride together!

Dubs

#10 ·
imported post

If that ever happens, I would be there!

CJ has actually made my bucket list. The good thing about visiting him, it doesn't matter what time of year you go there, he will have something going on.........

#11 ·
imported post

jobe05,

They are always up to something! I would love to visit the grat state of Washington, ride its roads and visit with good friends! Yes, that is a good bucket list addition!

Dubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.