Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I finally got my road rocket on the road today. The speedo and tach don't work, might be the cables...I am going to check tomorrow. The fuel guage is not working either....also checking tomorrow.

The main problem is that the neutral light is staying on while driving...through all gears, and in neutral.....Anybody got any ideas?

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Most likely a faulty switch. You will have to get to the connector block and disconnnect it. If the light goes out then either the switch is faulty or one of the wires is pinched. Was the front engine cover off at some point for water pump replacment? This is what causes most neutral light problems on the 1100.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for your reply. I am unsure if the front was off as I only got the bike from a guy who improperly stored and neglected it for the past 5 years....runs great though.

I will check the wiring to the switch...

Thanks

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Check the wires under the seat in the middle for the fuel gauge, take them off and clean the connectors with lite sandpaper, I used a knife and see if the fuel gauge starts working?!

I put black tape over my neutral lite, it stays on and glares on my windshield at night, I reaaly don't need it! sounds stupid , huh?!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Yeah, I cleaned the connectors on the tank,working fine now....my speedo cable snapped as with the tach...ordering new ones.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

I had a new water pump fitted to my 1200 once and the neutral light stayed on. Pinched wire under the front cover was the cause. The shop had to strip it back down again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.