Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently parked the bike on a hill, came back to leave and found a good amount of motor oil on the ground. The oil was coming from the weep hole on the slave cylinder. Checked oil level-O.K. Could this be from an overfill condition and the bike is performing properly.? Just wondering if anyone else has gone threw this.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

Weep hole on the slave cylinder? Clutch slave? I thought the 1100 Wing had a cable clutch.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

Weep hole on the slave cylinder? Clutch slave? I thought the 1100 Wing had a cable clutch.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Ignore the 1100 in his profile Joe, it's a 1200 Wing he is talking about. The only weep hole I know of is the one in the water pump. Is that where the leak is coming from?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Need more info here.
Parking on a hill - the oil could have come from the waterpump weep hole (and ran along the bottom of the block to the rear) but it sounds like there was a lot of it. The clutch actuator rod works through a seal so maybe there is a weep hole in the slave cylinder in case that seal goes.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

the only weep hole i know about on a 1200 is the one under the waterpump, the seal must be badly cracked.
looks like its time for a waterpump. i paid mine $165 canadian and only took a few hours to change.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Sorry it is a 1200, need to change that. On the bottom of the slave, there is a little hole, I'm assuming its a weep hole due to the wet clutch system. I checked the oil and it was grossly overfilled. Removed the proper amount of oil with syringe and will test today sometime today. I know for sure it wasn't the water pump.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Just for clarification what was overfilled-the engine oil? You stated there was oil on the ground, not clutch fluid so that would coincide. Ther have been other posts where people see something leaking from bottom of slave cylinder only to find out that leak was coming elsewhere and simply "migrating" to that point.
In your first post you state oil level was ok, then in 7th post you state it was grossly overfilled. Were you talking about engine oil level both times?
The slave cylinder has a piston seal that, I believe remains with the slave cylinder when it's removed just like a brake caliper. The actuating rod of the slave cylinder has an oil seal that prevents engine oil from leaking past the rod.
More than likley the issue is from oil being overfilled. I would wonder why. First thing comes to mind is a leaky carb, fuel shut-off or both. Do you shut bike off when parked overnight?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

i hope he dont leave it running all night:ROFL: couldnt help myself

wingsam has the best point though, why is it over full? smell it, bet it has gas in it

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Just to clarify, it is engine oil and there is no smell of gas. I removed oil and have had no leaks....yet.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

Seal behind cylinder if its bad parking on a hill oil will come out back 7dollar fix if thats it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.