Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is a bike my Dad finally let me have. Unfortunetly, it had been sitting up for about 12 years while he played on his Ultra Classic. Still, it was his pride and joy and getting him to give it up was a struggle. However, a triple bi-pass will put things into perspective and he finally saw the light and said "come and get it." 1,500 mile trailer ride and it was in my garage.

Dad took really good care of it even while it was being stored so this isn't going to be an epic save like some that I've seen on this forum. All the chrome will be restored, replaced or rechromed and there are the common rescue"issues" that need to be addressed.

Took it to the mechanic today for belts and carb work. Not even going to attempt to do that even though I'm pretty good with a wrench. I know my limits.

This restoration will most certainly end up costing me more then the bike is worth but, to me, it's really hard to put a price tag on something that my Dad put so much time, effort, and soul into.

I'll be chomping at the bit every day until the call comes in to pick it up!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,156 Posts
imported post

:claps:

Good for you, and for your dad.
I know that he will feel really great to see it on the road again.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike, you can see the pride in it
Good on you to keep in going
you didn't happen to be pulling it on a trailer from south of Savannah Ga, heading up I-95 north maybe

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

You dont see a lot of Goldwings with whitewall tires . It works well with the coloer scheme on your bike . She looks nice . Enjoy the ride and memories .

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Great bike and even better story! Good that you are keeping that ike going.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Great story... hope everything works out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.