·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

I would appreciate the opportunity to defer further until having an ample period of time to research the afore mentioned comment about Canadians "talkin' funny".until further notice at which time we would have prepared a proper and thought out and conclusive rebuttal to this accusation...:goofygrin:

I iterate that "we" don't talk no different than our southern friends from down the south of the border eh' !!:cheeky1:

Have a good one ya'all!!:madeyes:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Nah I've been reading some of the posts this week end and some of the so called "expert" advice handed out like it was coming from above was just pi**ing me off JUST MEso I backed off on my rant Hopefully some of these guys will read the whole thread instead of (ah never mind I don't want to get going)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

Mr. Fix it wrote:
I would appreciate the opportunity to defer further until having an ample period of time to research the afore mentioned comment about Canadians "talkin' funny".until further notice at which time we would have prepared a proper and thought out and conclusive rebuttal to this accusation...:goofygrin:

I iterate that "we" don't talk no different than our southern friends from down the south of the border eh' !!:cheeky1:

Have a good one ya'all!!:madeyes:
Would that I were to respond to the previous quote, and that is not to say that I would entertain such a notion, I would certainly give diligent and careful thought to said quote before deciding, again, if I were to respond, as to whether to respond in the negative or the affirmative.:p

TDS

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Indubitably stated my kind sir to the inference of grammatical correctness..

In such statements of conference, one must always consider the level of aptitude of our fellow readers to comprend such jibberish!!!..

So in closing, journey as to arrive at your destination in a singular condition.

I bid you an exceedingly good 24 hours my kind gentle-person...:waving:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

If you think someone is postingwrong advice, the right thing to do is to point it out politely, that way no-one gets offended. Everybody gets it wrong at times, letting it go un-noticed is even worse.

ccsailor wrote:
Nah I've been reading some of the posts this week end and some of the so called "expert" advice handed out like it was coming from above was just pi**ing me off JUST MEso I backed off on my rant Hopefully some of these guys will read the whole thread instead of (ah never mind I don't want to get going)

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
If you think someone is postingwrong advice, the right thing to do is to point it out politely, that way no-one gets offended. Everybody gets it wrong at times, letting it go un-noticed is even worse.

ccsailor wrote:
I agree with your approach. Even the best advice sometimes can get fouled up and sometimes we won't question the advice because of who it came from...

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Budegan wrote:
I agree 100%. I would much rather get banged on for giving wrong or misleading advice than to let it go unnoticed or unchallenged. I would consider it a good learning experience. No body is perfect and gives the best advice all the time!

If someone can't take a little criticism without getting mad and or upset, $#*^?% 'em. :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
imported post

dear ccsailor and all,

I offer my deepest apology if I offended you and/or All.That was not my intent at all. I'm not offering an excuss, but I didn't understand the post! Now I do and I agree with the post. My sense of humor was out of line.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

teacher wrote:
dear ccsailor and all,

I offer my deepest apology if I offended you and/or All.That was not my intent at all. I'm not offering an excuss, but I didn't understand the post! Now I do and I agree with the post. My sense of humor was out of line.

If you is referring to my comments...

I wasn't offended!! I was having some fun with it!:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr. Fix it wrote:

I iterate that "we" don't talk no different than our southern friends from down the south of the border eh' !!
Ya know why Canadians say 'Eh'?

[suB]Because they think it sounds better than 'huh".[/suB]

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Mr. Fix it wrote:

I iterate that "we" don't talk no different than our southern friends from down the south of the border eh' !!
Ya know why Canadians say 'Eh'?

[suB]Because they think it sounds better than 'huh".[/suB]
[suB][/suB]

[suB]There, now we all can see what you put down here!! LOL!![/suB]
Besides, adding the question phrase such as the following example of conversation would simply drag it down.
It's a great day eh'?!
Properly translated would sound..
It's a great day wouldn't you say?!
Using the expression "eh" sure summizes the "wouldn't you say" phrase in my humble opinion..
I think it was actually the British who got us going on this back in 1970 although I have no solid proof of this...:baffled:
In the end of this all I have to agree with you.. "huh " ain't exactly an intelligent thing to add to a statementduring a conversation
So I think that it is safe to "assume" that "eh" is short form of "wouldn't you say"

Anyone care to add to this discussion?:?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Huh?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

One simple little word can add so much to the conversation!!!:cooler:

Thanks Exavid!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.