Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seattle may get about 4-6" of snow annually. Moderate temps in the winter. High 30s in the morning up to low 50s in the afternoon.

Ride everyday I can except in heavy rain on both sides of the motorbike commute or black ice.:laugh:

When the snow does come, we stay home.

Worse drivers in the US. Even with 3 4-wheel drive vehicles (Tundra, Land Cruiser, 4runner), I stay home!

·
Administrator
57,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seattle may get about 4-6" of snow annually. Moderate temps in the winter. High 30s in the morning up to low 50s in the afternoon.

Ride everyday I can except in heavy rain on both sides of the motorbike commute or black ice.:laugh:

When the snow does come, we stay home.

Worse drivers in the US. Even with 3 4-wheel drive vehicles (Tundra, Land Cruiser, 4runner), I stay home!
I see so many people with 4x4 vehicles running at the speed limit or more, on snow and ice.... they are golden, they will never wreck, they have 4x4 :grin3:

somehow, the sense that the drive type, has no effect on braking ability.... seems to have alluded them.

I have a 4x4 Suburban, and when it is needed, I rarely exceed 20 mph.
We too, are the stay at home type....

but........... my daughter just succeeded in being hired as a rural postal carrier.... she asked if I could drive for her in nasty weather, so she could concentrate on the mail ahead, and I can do the driving.

they said yes, with approval for each day that is required.

And, they also said yes for us to use the 4x4 if it is snowy, and her Pontiac Vibe probably can't make it thru the muck... it only has 4 inches of ground clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts