Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Earlier this week I purchased a pair of gloves from a shop in Rochester, well after getting them home I thought better of the size I purchased and decided to go back and check out another size. Little did I know the events that would occur along the way.

I was going along a section of curvy, busy road that allows little opportunity to pass and had noticed a Harley behind me, it wasn't a bagger, one of those wide "muscle"bikes. He was about a quarter mile behind me, and seemed happy to hold that position. Well, it wasn't long till I noticed that he was being tailgated, I mean SERIOUSLY tailgated by a car. After several miles, the car found an opening, passed him and proceeded to tailgate me.

Well, I always have a thermal cup with me and I usually have coffee in it, as it happens, I had it full yesterday. Thinking that maybe the guy was sleepy and not aware of his poor driving I decided to wake him up. I removed the top of the coffee cup and proceeded to send the contents over my shoulder and into the air where it coated his hood and windshield.

He backed off.

After another couple miles I came to a stop at a light and pulled into the right lane to turn and the car pulled up in the lane next to me, a nice Lexus, rolled down his window and proceeded to scream and holler at me. Now I was just putting the sidestand down on my bike when I saw what was coming, a definite "Oh $h!t" moment.

The Harley was swinging along the other side of the car and he didn't see it.

The rider ( a BIG guy) popped his helmet off, swung it through the air and completely busted off his side view mirror, then standing he proceeded to use his helmet to bash on the roof of the guys car. The guy looked at him, back at me and blasted through the stoplight. We both laughed at the sight of the side view mirror dangling and bouncing off the side of the car at he went along the curve of the intersection.

The Harley gave me a thumbs up and complemented me on the coffee stunt and and I saluted his use of the helmet, then we went our own way.

Now we know why Harley riders spend $35.00 on tee-shirts and only $15.00 on helmets.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

Just one of the reasons a lot of bikers carry chains, not the ones that go to the rear wheel. Kind a like logging chains.... Just sayin':lash:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

"Mommie.. some bad bikers tried beat me up and I wasn't doing anything! Look what they did to my car!"

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Awesome story! Karma's a biotch!

My youngest is in his senior year of high school and every afternoon, rides with the local Police as part of his classes, He wants to join Law enforcement. They told him that id we carry cameras and film events of people cutting us off etc..., they can ticket the driver, even after the fact. The ticket would be at least for unsafe driving, a 2 point offense. Nice...... So the Camera is going on the bike one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I love it! Now ya gotta be careful around here. You get off your bike and come towards someone, you may well be shot! I love the Kharma story though. jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
"Mommie.. some bad bikers tried beat me up and I wasn't doing anything! Look what they did to my car!"
Yeah My dad and I were on a ride a little while back and it rains so the roads were wet so we took it slower through corners. Well there was a younger kid with what looked like him mom in the pass seat that was tailgating us on the corners. After the 5th time of both of use taping our brakes to get him to back off he never did. So we got to the light I new was a long one and got off the bike to literally just tell him to back off biker especially when its wet cause I would hate for him to go to jail because he ran over a biker that went down on a curve. I'll set this up for you, Dad(just stood up at the light to fix his pants when I got off) is 6'3" and about 260, me 6'-6'1" depending on day and around 300 with a black shirt that says PROUD TO BE A REDNECK PIECE OF WHITE TRASH in big white letters on the back. So I take my helmet off and turn to walk to the Jeep and the (mother) looking lady in the pass seat starts smacking his arm and yelling "GO GO GO TURN AROUND AND GO THE OTHER WAY!" why idk but he spun around and took off down the road. as I got back to the bike my dad was laughing so hard he about dropped his bike. All I could say was (in a smartass tone) "I just wanted to talk..... JEZZZZZ!!" Moral of the story look "scary" and you wont have any problems lol

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Many, many years ago I was riding down a street in South Milwaukee. Ahead of me was a car and ahead of it was a long haired rider on a Sportster. At one point the front bike came to a red light and killed the motor. He proceeded to kick, and kick, and kick to get it going. At the moment the light turned green, the guy in the car laid on his horn. Not a short beep, but literally held the horn down. He could have easily gone around the bike, but chose to be a jerk.
Rider got off of the bike, reached through the window and pulled the guy out of the car, then proceeded to write him a whole fist full of tickets. :shock: At this point, the rider took off the helmet to expose a young lady wearing a Milwaukee Police uniform under her jacket! I had pulled over to help her get the bike started and got to watch the show.
She said she also told him that every cop in town was going to soon have his license number and would be watching.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Running road guard for a 100+ bike poker run a few years back with Gina on the back, coming out of a small town, sitting in the middle of the intersection of 2 highways, A grain hauler in a Kenworth pulls up and starts bleating on the horn.

I didn't move.

He started inching forward.

I didn't move

He honked again, and inched within 8" of my saddlebag.

I moved...just enough to place an item we don't discuss here over the top of his hood and aimed at his head. Barked out "How's your life insurance Bubba?!"

He moved! Found reverse really quick!

After I stopped hearing bikes roar through the intersection, I then heard HD's idling...turned and found 4 other bikers standing astride their bikes all in a much similar stance as mine.

I yelled "Thank You Sir!", holstered up, and rode away with 4 other bikes following.

I have often wondered just how long it took to get the seat of that truck clean.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Great Job Richardrwg :claps:
I sent your story to my Harley friends and they are cracking up ! Everybody loves the Coffee Treatment ! LoL

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Running road guard for a 100+ bike poker run a few years back with Gina on the back, coming out of a small town, sitting in the middle of the intersection of 2 highways, A grain hauler in a Kenworth pulls up and starts bleating on the horn.

I didn't move.

He started inching forward.

I didn't move

He honked again, and inched within 8" of my saddlebag.

I moved...just enough to place an item we don't discuss here over the top of his hood and aimed at his head. Barked out "How's your life insurance Bubba?!"

He moved! Found reverse really quick!

After I stopped hearing bikes roar through the intersection, I then heard HD's idling...turned and found 4 other bikers standing astride their bikes all in a much similar stance as mine.

I yelled "Thank You Sir!", holstered up, and rode away with 4 other bikes following.

I have often wondered just how long it took to get the seat of that truck clean.
:applause::applause::applause:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Now we know why Harley riders spend $35.00 on tee-shirts and only $15.00 on helmets.

Noted.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Quite a few years ago, in my wilder crazier days. I had a guy in a huge Lincoln literally run me out of the road.

Once I got back on the road again I hauled ass after him. When I pulled along side him, in my hand was a rather large...um...thing.

Suddenly there were three very large holes in the side of his big shiny car. Seem three .44 inch holes in a car makes the driver get real respectful of the biker he just messed with.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

I'm glad I'm part of such a nice restrained group.:ROFL:

I always keep me a little "insurance" in my vest when I am out for a ride no matter how short.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

We can't carry guns here in Canada... but you can throw all the coffee you want. Waste of a good coffee, but there's more at Tim Hortons :smiler: awesome story Richard - damn rich pricks in their Lexuses anyway (I can say that because I drive a Caddy... bought used, no deep pockets here).

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,727 Posts
imported post

I was once pinched in tight to the center concrete island coming to a left turn.

No amount of horn honking got my point across to the driver.

Wham! A #10 lace up boot put a big dent in the driver's door.

Wish a video cam had been on my helmet.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Video sounds good. I'll have to look that up here in VA to see if it's true here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.