Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carefully consider, if you will, the attached image.

Part number 48 here represents the lever controls under the tail trunk of my 1996 GL1500 A. On my bike, one of the little plastic "clippy hoochiedoos" that connects the levers to the cable linkages is broken. The other two are green plastic clips are very similar to certain door latch or carburetor links I have seen in automotive applications.

Try as a might... after 4 years of scouring microfiche... I have yet to find this part or the number attached to these by mother Honda.

LET ME BE CLEAR... (so as NOT to get a zillion PM's confusing this part with the white plastic clip found inside the saddlebags at the other end of the same cable.) This green clip attaches the cable to the lever mechanism up under the tail trunk.

Nor am I looking to buy the entire lever mechanism. I am just looking for the green plastic link attachment clip.

Oh... ye great great gods of Goldwing Tech! Help me!

I will hoist a Oreo DQ Blizzard in thy honour!

T

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
Have you tried any of the bike salvage yards to see it they can get one for you?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... I must have completely stumped the tech gods.

Most times I am barraged with about four perfectly reasonable answers to almost any tech issue I have in about 5 minutes or less.

Interesting...

<!--insert sound byte of the Jeopardy theme song here-->

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
plastic "clippy hoochiedoos" that connects the levers to the cable linkages... "GREEN"

Now there's a green clip at the lever end (actually hooks to the rod on the mechanism) -- that's a bit that can be had through Dorman products (the red "HELP" blister-packed stuff in your local autoparts store).
Have a peek at Dorman's site (not green, but ... ) Just guessin' here, but I'd wager that a run to the local junk yard with your latch assy (or at least a rod and a good photo) would get ya a good fit from a mid/late 80's Honda car door lock rods too...

:?The cable ends (on my ride at least) work similar to the throttle grip end just a lead barrel into a slotted hole.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I do remember one of my Goldwing club mates got one of those clips from the breakers yard. The clip was fitted to the door locking mechanism of an early 90's Honda Integra. Or it might have been an Accord, can't remember now.

I could ask my mate, but it will be tomorrow or Saturday before I see him. Sorry if that's outside your 5 minutes expectations.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
I have a couple of those clips. I can post one over if you are not in too much of a hurry, post would probably take about a week by air mail.

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
If you have a Honda car dealer close they should have a replacement as others have stated. They are used in most Honda doors, trunk latches etc. If the parts dept. doesn't have one the techs probably have some spares.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
What size is the rod? 4mm?
Rod clips, right?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These greenies, yes?
Thank you anti guru! Yeppers... those are the ones. My middle one is missing and currently rigged with wire. (But that sort of "rigging" bugs me... )

Thanks for all the help folks...

Steve... thanks for the offer, I will keep that in mind... let me check the Dorman products at the local auto parts store first.

I had no clue it was a generic item...

I'm on it

T

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Some of those clips are sided, ie left or right side opening. Make sure you order the correct one.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If you have a Honda car dealer close they should have a replacement as others have stated. They are used in most Honda doors, trunk latches etc. If the parts dept. doesn't have one the techs probably have some spares.
They are also in Ford F-Series Trucks (ex: 1987-1990), inside the door panel in several locations of the lock mechanism.

I've found them locally at Pep Boys Automotive.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.