59,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Oh yes, never let your man get away :D

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

You are not going to believe this but I swear it is true. It happened in the late 80's sometime. Dead of winter here with some snow and ice just like the video. I had a rookie with me training him. We came upon this guy who had ran off the right side of the road and was stuck. He was so drunk he thought he was going down the road. His engine was roaring pretty good and the rear tires were smoking. I walked up to the drivers window and there he was staring out the windshield and wiggling his steering wheel as he drove,"down the road". I sort of jogged in place and banged on his side window and told him to pull over. He dida double take and darned if he didn't pull over so to speak. He stared at me the whole time we dealt with him like he couldn't figure out how I kept up with him.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

retiredintime wrote:
You are not going to believe this but I swear it is true. It happened in the late 80's sometime. Dead of winter here with some snow and ice just like the video. I had a rookie with me training him. We came upon this guy who had ran off the right side of the road and was stuck. He was so drunk he thought he was going down the road. His engine was roaring pretty good and the rear tires were smoking. I walked up to the drivers window and there he was staring out the windshield and wiggling his steering wheel as he drove,"down the road". I sort of jogged in place and banged on his side window and told him to pull over. He dida double take and darned if he didn't pull over so to speak. He stared at me the whole time we dealt with him like he couldn't figure out how I kept up with him.
That was good! Who says LEOs don't have a sense of humor?

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

retiredintime wrote:
I got a similar story in an email some time ago. Difference was it was about a Canadian Officer. Still funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.