Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just thought I should follow up, I changed the oil again and drained the filter. I had been reading about different brands of oil other people use and swear by for a GL1500. The parts store I was at had Shell Rotella T6 on sale. So I thought about it and bought a gallon. $19.95.

I had always heard that synthetic oil would cause and older motor to start leaking oil. Anyway the way Honda built these motors I don't think that will be a problem. When I started the bike the lifter's got very quite and the whole engine sounded smother.

I took a couple rides yesterday and with the new shifter brace and the oil the transmission is smoother and shift's better. If my bike does not start leaking oil, i should be very happy with this advice. Thanks for the Help and OLD DOG's CAN LEARN NEW TRICKS

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
John you are one of the people that always talk about it the T6 . So if I have oil leaks I call you and you can help me fix it .LOL thanks for the help Maybe it's me or wishfull thinking but that motor sounded smother and quite when I started it..

·
Administrator
58,404 Posts
oh well, I have settled on just buying one type of oil for everything on the homestead here.
I put it in everything, the Pontiac Vibe ( 0w20 )
the Suburban, the lawnmower, and garsh, even the 1800 :)

Personally,
I have never experienced 'new oil leaks' when switching to Synthetic oils. The Suburban is a 2001, no leaks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts